Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9125109744102/

    Bazajaytee wrote a post in the forum thread @BAZAJAYTEE: BF3 SQUAD MANAGEMENT
    In short answer form, yes you can browse and join squads through the squad screen and make private squads. The full form will be available later.
    41 minutes ago

    Hooah!
    11 gave a hooah!

    YES!

  • #2
    Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

    Originally posted by Visser View Post
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9125109744102/

    Bazajaytee wrote a post in the forum thread @BAZAJAYTEE: BF3 SQUAD MANAGEMENT
    In short answer form, yes you can browse and join squads through the squad screen and make private squads. The full form will be available later.41 minutes ago

    Hooah!
    11 gave a hooah!

    YES!
    Hurry and leak it to a news sites so they have a tough time weaseling out of this one =P

    Edit: Now that I reread it that "later" part has me concerned.

    Comment


    • #3
      But the fact is, those people in your squad will still need to be on your friends list, then invited to a voice channel. Dice does not need to provide voip in game, because the backend is already built into the consoles. We get third party subsitute that requires more hurdles to jump over for a solution.

      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

        Does anyone remember DICE's early statements claiming that BF3 was being made primarily for the PC market and the console features would come from that?

        Does it still feel that way?

        Did it ever?


        I really hope the community driven solution Mantis spoke of (Knyghtmare's plugin?) works. If this title goes the way of BC2, it will lose my attention rather quickly.

        I want everyone to be able to revel in hearing my displeasure at being sniped, driving anywhere with Lorax, XP's insane catwalk rushes, and anything else I happen to grumble about at the time. j/k.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

          Originally posted by draeh View Post
          Does anyone remember DICE's early statements claiming that BF3 was being made primarily for the PC market and the console features would come from that?

          Does it still feel that way?

          Did it ever?


          I really hope the community driven solution Mantis spoke of (Knyghtmare's plugin?) works. If this title goes the way of BC2, it will lose my attention rather quickly.
          Many of us felt this at the alpha, and it has not got any better. Hoping they prove me wrong big time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

            Originally posted by Zelidus View Post
            Edit: Now that I reread it that "later" part has me concerned.
            Later is referring to full details in a blog post in a few days. If we can browse and join squads as we desire then we can mark case closed on that part. It would still be nice to hear or push for the minor stuff that comes with that(naming,kicking,SL perks,kits visible on squad selection) but the basic functionality to choose your own squad is there and that is whats most important.

            VOIP is the next question but I'm not as hopeful on that front for us. There wasn't even a hotkey in the bf3 menu for in game voip like BC2. It just appears like it will be battlelog party chat or nothing and not enough of the overall playerbase cares on that front(see bc2 voip still being broken) to raise a noticeable stink. Hope I am wrong but we will survive without it if need be.
            |TG-12th|mantis

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

              I'm mostly concerned with squads because if that's not acceptable there is no way to fix it, VOIP can be correct with lots of things either mumble or TS3, which have the ability for directional audio which could add a little more realism and make VOIP a tad more fun.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                Later is referring to full details in a blog post in a few days. If we can browse and join squads as we desire then we can mark case closed on that part. It would still be nice to hear or push for the minor stuff that comes with that(naming,kicking,SL perks,kits visible on squad selection) but the basic functionality to choose your own squad is there and that is whats most important.

                VOIP is the next question but I'm not as hopeful on that front for us. There wasn't even a hotkey in the bf3 menu for in game voip like BC2. It just appears like it will be battlelog party chat or nothing and not enough of the overall playerbase cares on that front(see bc2 voip still being broken) to raise a noticeable stink. Hope I am wrong but we will survive without it if need be.
                Speculating again, but if squads are so integrated into battlelog could it be that battlelog watches at all times what squad your in and team your on and automatically puts you in a voice party with your appropriate team mates? I remember earlier on in an interview from one of the pc mags, they asked about VOIP and Dice stated that you can talk to your entire team...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                  That sounds like a reasonable expectation given the setup, but you would think they would be a bit more forthcoming if that is what they intended and it worked well.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                    Originally posted by Voodoo288 View Post
                    Speculating again, but if squads are so integrated into battlelog could it be that battlelog watches at all times what squad your in and team your on and automatically puts you in a voice party with your appropriate team mates? I remember earlier on in an interview from one of the pc mags, they asked about VOIP and Dice stated that you can talk to your entire team...
                    This has kinda been my thoughts this entire time. Battlelog = free voip for all! If they can tie extra VOIP channels to your in-game situation it'll be a winner imo.

                    For extra speculation: Battlelog is probably going to be used for other games too. There is definitely a "game" property tied to your BF3 persona (your soldier is tagged as being in BF3). This leaves the door open to use battlelog VOIP in many games (maybe even back ported to BC2). It just has to be done well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                      If battle log automatically sets up a squad voip that would be great.

                      However mechanically it could get complicated. Battlelog only supports 1 VOIP at the moment, or at least binding only 1 hotkey for voip. Meaning if you are in a party and you join a squad a separate squad voip will not be created. There would be a conflict between the two.
                      So it either
                      1) does not automacitaly set up voip
                      2) created a party for your squad (if you do not have one)
                      3) you are allowed to join multiple parties but have to pick which one you are using voip in.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                        Originally posted by Zelidus View Post
                        Hurry and leak it to a news sites so they have a tough time weaseling out of this one =P
                        Won't need to. Google probably has this thread tied to every BF3 search term out there.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

                        Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-





                        SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

                        TG Primer and Rules

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                          Originally posted by RedTalon View Post
                          If battle log automatically sets up a squad voip that would be great.

                          However mechanically it could get complicated. Battlelog only supports 1 VOIP at the moment, or at least binding only 1 hotkey for voip. Meaning if you are in a party and you join a squad a separate squad voip will not be created. There would be a conflict between the two.
                          So it either
                          1) does not automacitaly set up voip
                          2) created a party for your squad (if you do not have one)
                          3) you are allowed to join multiple parties but have to pick which one you are using voip in.
                          It could be as simple as DICE releasing a Battlelog update that has key bindings for squad VOIP ;p

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                            Originally posted by RedTalon View Post
                            If battle log automatically sets up a squad voip that would be great.

                            However mechanically it could get complicated. Battlelog only supports 1 VOIP at the moment, or at least binding only 1 hotkey for voip. Meaning if you are in a party and you join a squad a separate squad voip will not be created. There would be a conflict between the two.
                            So it either
                            1) does not automacitaly set up voip
                            2) created a party for your squad (if you do not have one)
                            3) you are allowed to join multiple parties but have to pick which one you are using voip in.
                            The battlelog we have now is not full product...atleast that's what they have been saying. I think it's to early to assume what it does and does not do.
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: In-game squad menu will be in retail version?!?! Good News!!!

                              Good news from Bazajaytee:
                              HOW WILL SQUADS WORK IN THE RETAIL VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 ON PC/XBOX 360/PLAYSTATION 3?

                              Since the Open BETA we’ve added more advanced functionality to manage your squad. You will be able to browse and join specific squads through the squad screen. You can see all players that are in a specific squad as well as who’s playing as lone wolf. As a squad leader you can set your squad to private as well as kick players from the squad.
                              source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4925962155306/

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X