How a game is launched at TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How a game is launched at TG

I saw this in the "Server Settings" thread, and wanted to make a quick comment - but that's a good thread and I don't want to derail it :)

Let me clarify how games are launched these days... hopefully it will alleviate more anxiety than it will cause :icon_lol:

... I don't think a few should decide for the many.
    The shortest version of the story is actually that "one decides for the many"! One of the Game Officer's primary jobs is to formulate exactly what the TG brand of a given game will be. The GO then works with the admin team to implement that vision through server settings, rules, events, and forum participation.

Community input is very helpful in refining that vision - especially when it's objective and not simply railing against 'arcadism/ultra-realism'. That being said, this is not a democracy. The converse of the above quote is also true - the many shouldn't decide for the few. TG's "product" is its games, and at the end of the day, it's the TG administration at large that's responsible for creating a successful product that's inline with TG's core philosophies.

With respect to BF3, one of the big reasons that Mantis was chosen as GO is because he's always had a great vision for core Battlefield gameplay. He'll be posting more about this in the coming weeks.

As always, comments/questions are welcome :)

Re: How a game is launched at TG

Thanks whiskey, I was hoping that slightly worrying comment would get addressed, so cheers, makes me feel less worried about this game here.

Comment

nice post, its good to hear how the system actually works on decisions and that we are def. heard :) and congrats to you mantis, it is a well deserved position
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I have total faith in Mantis. He has a deep understanding of Battlefield, is dedicated, with a level head, and will work hard to do what it takes to make BF3 a success in the TG environment.
        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X