Caspian Border Map - Weekend 64-Player PC BETA Testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caspian Border Map - Weekend 64-Player PC BETA Testing

Sorry I said weekend only but it actually starts Friday afternoon over there so Friday morning here. Some are saying about 4:30pm there so 10:30am CDT here?

Update: Baz just said they are starting to open up right now so if you can see one you should be able to attempt to join. Good luck on finding spaces. Lots of servers are supposed to come online with this map over the next few hours.

Originally posted by crash7801
    After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.

*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers***** As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product and that, through your participation, you will be helping to ensure future stability and functionality.

As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7th, in the afternoon (CET).
    Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4925967583255/

This is from a EA/DICE guy. So it looks like we'll be able to play Caspian Border Conquest 64 player before the Beta is over. Time to team up guys and gals and experience BF3 in this way. Also remember, afternoon Central European Time (Lets say 4:30pm there though that's a rumor) is 1030am CDT US Central Daylight Savings Time.

Other comments on Battlelog about this from DICE devs.

Originally posted by Bazajaytee
    Originally posted by OhioYankee

Baza, got an ETA on when the servers with Caspian will go up?
    All I can say is "a few hours".
    Servers will be at multiple providers and worldwide with no password and the only limit is securing your place in the server :)
    We have been discussing opening Caspian Border since before the BETA even started but initially we had to get data from full servers and it also uncovered other issues we hadn't accounted for so it was a successful test all round.
    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: Caspian Border Map - Weekend 64-Player PC BETA Testing

Nice post....yeah there are already a ton of servers up.

Comment

All I can say is about got-damned time. I was only able to get about 20-30 minutes of caspian in the entire time before, because every server was potentially full, or crashing towards round end so it would dump me right back out in 5 minutes.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Hell. Yes.

Comment

Well I guess Dice is giving us a nice Thanksgiving gift (Canadians at least). Now to just get the new build up and running to really test it out! After watching some of the videos on Caspian Border it will be awesome to get some time in it now!
          sigpic

Comment

Getting Kicked by Punkbuster in Caspian Border BETA Server

This seems to be Punkbuster and we are looking into it since none of the servers have admin's during the BETA.
            We are going to be disabling PunkBuster again while we work with Evenbalance as it currently does seem to be kicking a little too eagerly.
            So they are looking into the issue if it happens to you. There are no Admins on any of the servers for BETA hence an Admin can not kick you. It's Punkbuster acting up again. NO surprise there.

And for LAG issues...

We are load testing servers so we can get the balance right on how many servers go on a physical machine. There may be some lag while playing Caspian.
            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

We gotta do a server bomb tonight. :)

Comment

I am sooooooo in =)
                |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
                I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Originally posted by Bear61 View Post
                  We gotta do a server bomb tonight. :)
                  Tonight? How about in an hour? So the Euros can get some too.

Even better how about every hour on the the hour?

Maybe we can get an admin to add so more squad channels to the random server channels so we can get the party rolling. It is the last weekend.

Send the women with the kids to her mother's house, get a bunch of caffeine drinks and hotpockets, along with a package of adult diapers and do it up right! Just kidding about the hotpockets.:row__691:
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                    Tonight? How about in an hour? So the Euros can get some too.
                    unfortunately some of us have to work today. :( Have fun though

Comment

Originally posted by Bear61 View Post
                      unfortunately some of us have to work today. :( Have fun though
                      Nobody has to go to work, dont you feel that cold coming on? :P
                      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                      E Pluribus Unum
                      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I'm glad they're putting it out, yet sad since I'll be out of town all weekend. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it out tonight after I'm done packing.

Comment

I keep getting kicked from servers after about 3 minutes. I will say that they optimized it seems......I never drop below 45 fps where as before I would chug at 22-25 fps. Oh and it is glorious conquest
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yes !

|

Comment

Hell yes. I was having trouble motivating myself to login and play Metro over and over.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X