Caspian Map 8/10/2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Caspian Map 8/10/2011

If there was any doubts about BF3, a few rounds on the Caspian map should prove to all but the most picky, jaded, or downright wrongheaded, that EA has a winning title on its hands.

The sound is fantastic, the helo flies nicely, the scenery is stunning and the gameplay is as good as it gets.

I followed FBMantis and Zippy for 60 minutes (1:00 -- 2:00 am GMT -4). We used Teamspeak and managed to move, conceal, spot, and engage infantry, jeeps, and tanks.

This title takes gaming far beyond BF2, 2142, BC2 in its visual richness, realism, and tactical possibilities.

With or without VOIP, BF3 will prove to be awesome.

We will almost certainly see COing (built in or not) and full scale 62x62 warfare again on a scale and complexity not yet experienced in online gaming.

Video to follow.

E-Male
    sigpic

Re: Caspian Map 8/10/2011

gimmee video plz ;)

Comment

Nicely put E-Male. Fully agree.

Rubber banding, lag, weird flashes of white screen, video glitches, crashing servers, and the most fun I have had in such a long time. A few in TS suggested we find our own "TG" server, which we did, and it was such a blast. I just kept hitting Tab to see all the names, many I hadn't seen in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
        We will almost certainly see COing (built in or not) and full scale 62x62 warfare again on a scale and complexity not yet experienced in online gaming.
        32*32, surely? Unless you've been playing on the dodgy 124-player servers?

I haven't played much Caspian yet (curse you, priorities!), but the small time I spent there was pretty fun, and that was with randoms. I can only dream of what playing with TGers will be like.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
          not yet experienced in online gaming.
          It has been in PR.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Here is an unedited 7 minute sequence of me moving with FBMantis and Zippy. Note their excellent comms.

Nice close up of a tank being destroyed at 4:30.

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for the full game and a TG server >.<

Comment

Cant wait for the full game and a couple of patches :) I am glad to get to play some conquest though.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC
                When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't do that, you get someone to carry you.

Comment

I know it's in another thread somewhere but what video card do you have E-Male? Looks awesome!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
                    I know it's in another thread somewhere but what video card do you have E-Male? Looks awesome!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
                    Radeon 5870

My buddy edits video for a living (for TV). His card is $3000, his broadcast quality monitor connected to that card is $5000.

Envy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice video, E-Male!

P.S. I think you should go crouch/prone a LOT more, hee hee :P

Comment

The pub raid yesterday was a blast and everything I wished for. I haven't played with TG since BF2 days. It was fun and tactical! (no pun intended)

Glycerin did a great job spotting and giving covering fire as we held Forest. Also, he drops ammo

One of the funny moments was when Ven popped up just in time on top of Hilltop for my SMAW to hit him straight in the face. XP

Mortifier was a good teammate and keep the comms clean and concise.

We know that squad management was not in beta and each team was in their own channel rather than divided into the squad channels but all the chatter was great. It added even more realism to the game. It made it frantic and exciting. Every kill, heal, revive, capture, attack, and defend was rewarding playing with many great TG players.

I hope that the game will support clan tags. My forum name is Visser but my in game name is ClarkoPD.

Looking forward to the 25th!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X