Caspian Rush/Grand Bazaar Video Impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caspian Rush/Grand Bazaar Video Impressions

So I was able to get onto a Caspian Rush server last night and play a little bit. The Rush map used the D flag as the first stage in Rush, the crates were in a shed by the border area and in some CONEX crates on the other side of the flag area near the border. US was attacker, spawning in the CQ uncap. They got some jeeps, a transport chopper, and 2 A10s. The Russians got tanks, 2 or 3 I think, and at least one Su-25 Frogfoot. The A10 is a powerful weapon against armor. A typed chat message and repeated spotting led to a few gun runs which removed 2 tanks in my path toward the MCOM. It looks like the key to this map for attackers will be effective CAS and particularly close communication with the pilots. Look for the SOFLAM to be a crucial unlock, particularly if we turn 3D spotting off on our server. As with all Rush maps, a concerted push by the attackers is key to victory. It appears that the spawn beacon on Operation Metro is a special case due to the underground stages, it looks like spawn beacons will spawn airborne troopers on most if not all other maps and modes.

I watched the video of Grand Bazaar gameplay that IGN posted, and jotted down some notes.

Grand Bazaar impressions

Engi kit has both an M4 and an M4A1 not sure if that's a bug or what.

M14 is confirmed as an all kit weapon as the M39 EBR.

Looks like the points you get for playing the objective have been boosted. I think it was 100 for a disarm in the beta, looks to be 200 in the final.

You can shoot out the lights....too cool.

Lot of good concealment and cover all over the map, much of it destructible. Also a good variation in height, adding a new dimension to BF.

Re: Caspian Rush/Grand Bazaar Video Impressions

I got really curious, so I went and looked up the Grand Bazaar video. I think this is it:

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

really loving the layout on the new map in the video....so far that's 2 conquest maps that look like they are going to be amazing. I just can't wait to see the BF2 maps re-imagined
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Also noticing the "squad sprint" icons next to those in the squad. Still curious if only the SL's perk applies or everyone within the squad so you can essentially stack. Curious if the menu layout will be roughly the same as PC as well.
        A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Someone I cannot recall and I tested it, they do stack. In the beta anyway, that may change in release.

Comment

I heard Bach say that the squad perks cant be doubled up, like 2 people using the squad nade perk to double its power, but that multiple different squad perks could be used. We messed with them one night, but in my screen I was only seeing one symbol next to Chubby's name, no matter which I applied they didnt show to me or anyone else, but the perks did appear to apply to myself, but could not get confirmation from the other players in squad if my perks were effecting them. I would hope that we could apply 4 different perks to the squad for us to share, for example if sprint, explosives, suppression and cover perks all applied at once, and we get to share the effects squad wide.
            Last edited by ANGELofDEATH; 10-10-2011, 10:53 AM.
            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
            E Pluribus Unum
            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed