Basic Squad Training Video: BF3 Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Basic Squad Training Video: BF3 Series

I am working on a series of training videos, starting with the basics familiar to TG members. This training series will feature the BF3 environment.

Over the past 6 years my TG videos have garnered over 20,000 views (modest by some standards, certainly). Hopefully this effort will help promote the Tactical Gamer community.

sigpic

Re: Basic Squad Training Video: BF3 Series

great vid.! I remember when someone made that ending back in the 2142 days XD
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Looks great E-Male, will make a great intro series.
      Last edited by shellfishguy; 10-12-2011, 11:57 AM. Reason: speeling

Comment

Thanks. Uploading the final version of Training Reel #1 now.

Stay tuned!
        sigpic

Comment

I really like it
          To me, developing the tight squad comms is the most exciting part of BF3 in the first few months

Comment

The final version of the first BF3 TG Training video from the 1stMIP.

This is my longest and most extensive training video production thus far (4.5 minutes).

Best viewed at 1080p while drinking scotch.
            Last edited by E-Male; 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I deleted an earlier version of the above video due to an error in the narrative.

The correct version is here.

Best viewed in 1080p.
              sigpic

Comment

These are really good, E-male. I look forward to playing in your squad and with everyone else here at TG!
                "A real man drinks strawberry flavored energy drinks out of a pink can..............with a straw."

Comment

Here is an updated listing of all the BF3 Training Films from the Paris Map:

sigpic

Comment

In the first video you took your squad away from the mcomm that was planted....essentially taking away force and firepower(especially since you were in a great location to suppress any new enemies) that could have been used to help your team disarm and save the objective......not sure I agree with that. Aren't we always told to play the objective?.....in this case backing up your team and disarming?
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The objective on rush is to keep the enemy from arming and destroying all sets of MCOMs. Situations are many times more complicated than, "Complete the immediate objective" as the actions you take in the near future have consequences shortly after that. If falling back to the next set seems like it will allow you to setup a better defensive position than trying to disarm the current one it may be a good idea. Take for example trying to disarm one of the 2 MCOMs in a stage. As is obvious to anyone who has played a good bit sending every person to disarm one leaves the unarmed MCOM open and nearly always leads to it being armed and allows the enemy to setup defensive positions around it. Rather it is many times better to allow the enemy to take the B objective that they are already entrenched on and fortify your own position on A so it is not also lost. Similar tactics when falling back to the next set of MCOMs when you feel the current set is hopeless.

As far as the particular situation in the video it is hard to tell exactly, but it might have been better to try for the disarm. No need to suggest they weren't trying to play the objective though.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I wasnt stating it. I was asking a question

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Ah cool the way you wrote it with those "...." misled me, my bad.
                          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                            I wasnt stating it. I was asking a question
                            A fair question.

Your stated assumptions are misguided I think, as I had correctly judged that the MCOMS were going to fall long before we could mount an adequate response.

Within 5 to 7 seconds both MCOMS were lost. Retreat was a reasonable option at that time which allowed us to be in a better position to counter the oncoming enemy rush. We had no reasonable hope of stopping the enemy at the moment, which is why I ordered the retreat. Other, better, fighters might have fared differently, but I base my orders on my squad's capabilities at the time.

Keep in mind that many players will simply throw themselves at an overwhelming enemy and die, and fail to stop the inevitable. This leads to many respawning far to the back and an utter collapse of the frontline. Our strategy ensured that we became the new front line of defense in a strategic manner.

Also note that what you saw was John and I drilling and testing a developing strategy that assumes a full squad. I might have sent two men forward to defend in what might otherwise be a futile effort, while Alpha fireteam fell back to reestablish a firebase.

All this is part of the 1stMIP developing a playbook of strategies for each map. We will release the Paris Map playbook later this Fall for feedback and improvement.

I deeply appreciate your feedback -- it is why I post these videos -- feedback, commentary, improvement.

More later!
                            Last edited by E-Male; 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the response

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X