[EA] Battlefield 3 Will Have Fully Destructible Objects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EA] Battlefield 3 Will Have Fully Destructible Objects

IN BATTLEFIELD 3, THE BATTLEFIELD IS DESTRUCTIBLE. THIS MEANS YOU CAN ANNIHILATE BUILDINGS, DEMOLISH COVER, AND EVEN SHOOT THROUGH WALLS TO ELIMINATE THAT GUY CROUCHING BEHIND THE THIRD FLOOR WINDOWSILL.

So does this mean that everything will be destructible like BC2? Because I thought DICE previously stated that there were going to be many "hard" non-destructible objects/buildings throughout.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: [EA] Battlefield 3 Will Have Fully Destructible Objects

Title says "Will have Full Destructible Environments" not all. :P Plus EA is the publisher who will over exaggerate for marketing purposes and DICE is the dev who made the actual game. I go by what DICE says. They didn't include fully destructible items in beta because....well I don't know.

Maybe would have crashed the servers? I am actually fine with the face of nothing fully comes down.

Really just was over the top for me in BC2.

One thing is for sure I know DICE officially said no MCOMs inside of fully destructible objects so there will be stuff that stands no matter what.

Comment

By everything I think they mean some things. :P

I heard one of the other devs talking about the destructive environments in a video. He said there is destruction but objects that would ruin the balance of the map would not be destrucable.

So I see it playing a lot like beta.

Comment

In BC2 the large buildings could come down when all the walls were gone.. The large building at Checkpoint was still standing when all the walls were gone. Although I loved the fully destructible environment, it is nice to know some things wont blow up in your face. I was disappointed that trees came down easier than the small shrubs that were everywhere on the Metro park area. Hopefully that is just another beta fail. Along with the dang chain link fence along No Man's Land on Caspian, I was very disappointed that the fence was immune to grenades and gun fire. Evidently, you cant fire a fully automatic machine gun at someone on the other side of a chain link fence! :/

From the looks of, and comment in articles, the Bazaar map has many buildings that were not fully destructible.

This video also shows that the Antenna will come down, when in the beta it would not. I understand that Mantis tried very hard to bring it down during one round.. It is probably a scripted event as someone mentioned we should watch it when the tickets got low. I would love to see that thing come down, as it was a snipers paradise and their main goal for keeping that flag. I felt that flag was too hard to defend and keep, and even though it gives you tank it was too far from the rest of the frontline to be worth fighting for. It needs a forest around it.
        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
        E Pluribus Unum
        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Night map at 0:36? i like.

Comment

The very big objects that are being shown I believe are scripted and are for rush game mode purposes, like the subway entrance being completely destroyed. I believe the antena has to do with Caspian boarder's rush game mode and is scripted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
              That was a shot of the second section of Metro Rush.. The tunnel system of the underground train system.

They need to remake Spies Like Us, a forest map at night based on the scene from the movie of the same name. I wonder if the flashlight would work on that scale? :D Man I miss that server!
              E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                That was a shot of the second section of Metro Rush.. The tunnel system of the underground train system.
                The bit when he fires the rocket was the Metro tunnel. The bit immediately after was from a singleplayer mission they showed at E3 or Gamescom.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

This seems to be just marketing. it shows capsian's tower falling down but we all know you cannot destroy that or at least not with 15 tank shots and 8 C4 strapped to the base (we tried, maybe we need more). A lot of that is from singleplayer footage where its scripted as well. The game though, does contain a lot of destructibles as showcased in Metro (corners of walls, park walls, lights, playground, windows, thin wood, subway doors, etc). I suspect bushes are NOT destroyable because then you'd have rush mode become shoot people as they approach mode from far away like ducks. The brush in that first part of Metro has a lot to do with map design in how they wanted to draw the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                    This seems to be just marketing. it shows capsian's tower falling down but we all know you cannot destroy that or at least not with 15 tank shots and 8 C4 strapped to the base (we tried, maybe we need more).
                    Didn't DICE say that a lot of the destruction was toned down for the beta? Not being able to dig holes with explosives, for example.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                      Didn't DICE say that a lot of the destruction was toned down for the beta? Not being able to dig holes with explosives, for example.
                      Yeah they did say that. We actually got a chance to test that out and it quickly turned into the nightmare sandtraps of doom where you'd fall under the map and sometimes could never get out. Only the final build will tell us whether they decided to keep that considering how dangerous that bug was to enjoyment (I'm almost positive they'll keep it so fingers crossed they fixed it). But as for the tower blowing up, I actually hope you cannot do that in multiplayer because it feels iconic to the capture point and the map as a whole. What I don't get is how some walls were not destructible while others were. I think those are final products/gameplay designs for the map to make sure you couldn't literally tunnel your way to the objective lol.

Comment

If it does fall I hope it falls down on too the forest flag lol.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                          The bit when he fires the rocket was the Metro tunnel. The bit immediately after was from a singleplayer mission they showed at E3 or Gamescom.
                          Ah, you are right, it was from the SP mission they showed. I had to watch it a couple more times to catch that half second glimpse.. I must have missed it earlier due to YouTube lag caused by the Netflix use in the house.
                          E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Originally posted by Visser View Post
                            Title says "Will have Full Destructible Environments" not all. :P Plus EA is the publisher who will over exaggerate for marketing purposes and DICE is the dev who made the actual game. I go by what DICE says. They didn't include fully destructible items in beta because....well I don't know.

Maybe would have crashed the servers? I am actually fine with the face of nothing fully comes down.

Really just was over the top for me in BC2.

One thing is for sure I know DICE officially said no MCOMs inside of fully destructible objects so there will be stuff that stands no matter what.
                            I agree the destruction in bad co 2 was over the top and made worse by the abundance and power of explosive weapons. I am a big fan of limited destruction and at the VERY least leaving debri because even if you blow up a building or tree or whatever... most of the time you will not vaporize the target.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X