Clear All

• No battlerecorder or spectator mode

BR
    https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/123892438690574338

Spectator
    https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/123936635728572416
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: No battlerecorder or spectator mode

I don't mean to make direct comparisons but other games like Call of Duty and Halo have awesome "BR" like features.

Why they have not included one in BF3 is insane to me.
    Skud

Comment

Launching is the key word. They have stated again and again how they want to encourage BF3 to be used competitively and BR is a big part of that. Commo Rose I believe I read was in the same boat of it not being in the launch. I want to be optimistic here but we all know how the promises of Bad Co 2 went post release.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

well it seems to me that they have it or want to put it in ,but not on release date maybe it will be added in a future patch

Comment

All these missing features makes the game feel rushed, and incomplete.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFalcoln View Post
            All these missing features makes the game feel rushed, and incomplete.
            That's half the games anymore. It's a sorrowful market we live in.
            |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

I agree with Greasy Mullet, They have said repetitively that they want it to be used for competitive game play...you can't have it without battlerecorder.

As for being rushed...you just have to look at the release date for MW3 to understand why.

I understand why its not a priority, I definitely see if being patched in after a month or two.

Comment

shame, battlerecorder would have been great for video making

Comment

I use neither of those features, what am I missing here? I played FPS on pc well over 10 years now and never needed those features. What are they used for?
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                    I use neither of those features, what am I missing here? I played FPS on pc well over 10 years now and never needed those features. What are they used for?
                    Battle recorder lets you record any given round so you can watch it later on from every single player perspective and third person view while spectator mode lets you log on to the server and spectated a live match from any players perspective or third person view. These two combine are excellent anti cheat tools.
                    sigpic

Comment

Used almost exclusively by Admins to find cheaters and have proof of cheating.
                      Used secondly by Tournament/Match players to record matches and have Judges.
                      Used thirdly on servers with Battlerecorder turned on and accessible by players who make their own BF Movies and videos to show off their mad skillz.
                      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

While not necessary for day-to-day gaming. itīs an embarrassment that DICE hasnīt managed to include such common tools. Yet another reason the BF3 launch seems rushed.
                        sigpic

Comment

I use BR to improve my gameplay (what do I do, what do I not do, what do awesomeness players do)

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                            It's a feature that always set Battlefield apart from the chaff. Admins love it, video makers need it.

Comment

Hey maybe they'll do it like in Skate2, release a BR like feature after release as DLC and have you pay for it.

As for what it does, I loved the BR as they enable awesome AAR on youtube, check out the 2142 forum for some sweet videos.
                              BR to me seems like a great way to market the game, just think of all the cool stuff you could capture and show to others. FRAPS is good and all but I rarely have the HDD space to be able to record for a long period of time and when I do, I usually forget to press record. :)
                              "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X