No announcement yet.

Concered about Squad Management in final game? Have your voice heard! [REDDIT]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concered about Squad Management in final game? Have your voice heard! [REDDIT]

I stumbled upon this article this morning. Many of us have good and strong opinions on how EA/DICE should handle squad management. Both good and bad.

Please visit http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3..._diceea_wants/ to read what people have posted so far. If you spot that your idea or concern has not been brought forward please post. If you do not have an account, create one! It is easy.

Let TG be known for having a great influence on the game through the developer.

We can do this gang!

Re: Concered about Squad Management in final game? Have your voice heard! [REDDIT]

I've seen Crash7800 post there before. I don't know if he can actually do anything, but it doesn't hurt to try. The top comment is pretty damn good.

For me, the ideal squad system would be similar to the BF2/2142 system:
    • Create, Join and Leave squads of our choosing in-game.
    • Invite friends AND anyone else on our team into our squad.
    • Kick members from squad (SL only).
    • Lock squad (SL only).
    • Rename squad (SL only).
    • Talk to ALL squad members in-game via VoIP.
    • Squad Leaders can communicate amongst each other via a different VoIP channel.
    • The ability as the Squad Leader to set map waypoints and commands to the the rest of your squad.
    • If the Squad Leader is unwilling to fulfill the role, they should be able to assign the role to a squad member of their choice.
    • A clear Squad Leader icon (with squad number) on the minimap and map overview.
    • More pronounced 3D tags of your squad mates (they're hard to distinguish from other teammates at times).
    • A quicker way to distinguish squad text-based chatter from other chatter. A green font, for example.
    • The ability to invite squad members (and other players) during a round to be friends on Battlelog.
    • Squad members spawn only on the Squad Leader.
    • Ideally, six man squads on PC!

What I know has been fixed since beta:
    • You can leave and join squads freely in the game.
    • When you join a server with a friend, you will be placed in the same squads.
    • You can lock squads.
    • You can kick players from a squad.
    • Icon showing the current kit and squad specs of your squad members.
    • The names of dead squadmates are now greyed out.

What I am uncertain about in the retail version:
    • Whether you can create NEW squads in game. It sounds like in retail you can now leave and join pre-made squads of your choosing, but not create/populate new ones from scratch. Is this the case?
    • Whether you can invite players in the current server into your squad.
    • Whether you can rename squads in game.
    • Whether there is any way, shape or form to voice communicate with squad members you are NOT friends with on Battlelog.

I think that's about it! Thanks again Crash for doing this.

Comment

Re: Concered about Squad Management in final game? Have your voice heard! [REDDIT]

Post in reddit guys. Make some noise. And don't forget to ask for 6 man squads and squad VOIP.

Comment

wow i totally agree with 100% of that list! That is a rare thing!!

I don't have a reddit account, I suppose I need to sign up? I'll look into it.

Thx for posting this.

On another note: I just added crash7800 to my follow list on twitter. I would also tell all of you to follow demize99 and zh1nt0. demize99 in particlular as tweeted over 30 times in the last few hours regarding answering questions about weapon ballistics and balance and everything BF3.
        -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Supported and spread the word to other forums I'm on. I'm all for a good reddit for a damn good cause.
          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

signed up and spoke up. thx again.
            -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

As did I, and I hope many more of us head over and at least upvote that top comment. It might not work, but it could and that would be grand. :row__586:
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X