Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[POLL] Squad Table of Organization and Equipment (60 second survey)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [POLL] Squad Table of Organization and Equipment (60 second survey)

Now that we have the beta under our belts with time spent both on a full-spectrum conquest map, and an infantry-only rush map, let's discuss what equipment a squad should bring with it. Assume a normal squad and not a specialized squad. The squad is *not* piloting aircraft or driving armor. The squad is a regular squad of grunts fighting and holding a flag, rushing and destroying an M-COM, or preventing the destruction of an M-COM.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BZSGKTN

(Note: polls do not seem to be activated in this forum. This is a 60 second survey via SurveyMonkey. Your answers will remain anonymous.)

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Re: [POLL] Squad Table of Organization and Equipment (60 second survey)

It really depends on what you want your squad to do. Most of those options are valid depending on the role you choose to play. I would have to assess the current teams need, skills of who is in my squad, and what kind of mood we are in to decide.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I'm with Mullet. Without knowing which point you will be taking/holding on Caspian, it's tough to give an accurate guess.

Likewise, squad loadouts will change drastically on Metro based on weather you are attacking or defending.
      sigpic

Comment

Regardless of the circumstances, here's my list:

Caspian Border:
        • Medkit - Given
        • Defibrillators - Given
        • Ammunition box - Given
        • Radio Beacon - Mobile spawn point (plus it's difficult for the enemy to find)
        • 60mm Mortar - Fire support
        • Rocket Launcher - Anti-everything

Operation Metro:
        • Medkit - Given
        • Defibrillators - Given
        • Ammunition box - Given
        • Radio Beacon - Mobile spawn point (plus it's difficult for the enemy to find)
        • Smoke grenades - Highly underused; very useful to aid in arming M-COM stations
        • EOD Bot - Arm/defuse M-COM stations

Note how each class is used to help ensure the squad's survival. If we wanted to go into more detail, we could include soldier specializations.

Here's how I would break it down:
        • Assault - SQD FRAG
        • Support - SQD AMMO
        • Engineer - SQD EXPL
        • Recon - SQD SPRNT

/thread
        CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

silly savage, instead of squad ammo for support, you should change it to squad suppression. Your team can always get more ammo, but more suppression can not be had without more people than just your squad.
          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

That is true, I don't know how I overlooked that. Too much time flying solo I guess, hehe.
            CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

voted :) as for equipment it was given like a few posts above, and more obvious stuff like why would you use a clymore on caspian? its way too big, on metro its perfect
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                ... and more obvious stuff like why would you use a clymore on caspian? its way too big, on metro its perfect
                There are a thousand places to put claymores that would get someone, tons of choke points that everyone just sprints right through... The paths up to Hilltop, from the Forest and behind the tower.. The few places that everyone goes through at No Man's Land next to the Checkpoint... All over the Checkpoint flag... Same with the Gas Station, there are dozen spots there alone that I could have used a claymore.

As for the survey, I would just answer all of the above, because I changed my load out almost every time I died to adjust to the current threat. So many choices, so few lives.
                theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                E Pluribus Unum
                Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

So here are the results combined with my kit advice thread. No big surprises.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/58Congo/

Comment

You are using the M9/MP443 and other weapon systems as place holders, correct?

also, instead of squad ammo, may I suggest one of the other "Specializations"- flak would be my preference on caspian. Sprnt or flak would be my preference in infantry maps.

SPRNT - Gives the player lightweight load bearing equipment which reduces soldier fatigue and allows a higher sprint speed. This can be useful to get to cover faster when under fire. While sprinting, the player cannot use weapons or gadgets.
                    FLAK - Reduces the damage taken from explosives and shrapnel by providing additonal coverage to high risk body parts. It will not, however, protect against direct hits.
                    COVR - The combined effect of field experience and advanced training reduces the suppressive effect of incoming rounds.

Perhaps a Squad Specialization Poll is in order!
                    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

SQUAD SUPR
                      SQUAD FRAG
                      SQUAD EXPLO
                      SQUAD SPRINT

I suppose you could argue SQUAD COVER over SUPR, but they're two sides of the same coin. The other three are incredibly useful. I don't think SQUAD FLAK is very useful because if the beta is any guide the vast majority of your deaths will be from gunfire, which FLAK doesn't protect against.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X