Your help is needed - play BC2 to test future BF3 voip solution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Your help is needed - play BC2 to test future BF3 voip solution

See here for full details: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...e-testing.html
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Your help is needed - play BC2 to test future BF3 voip solution

Downloaded, thanks :)
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

This is just amazing, I hope this works out. It will make battlefield 3 even better here at TG. KnyghtMare deserves the highest of fives!

Comment

For this I will play BC2 again.

Comment

I will install this and test tonight! Thx for the heads up.

Thanks and great job to knightmare.
          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Many thanks to KnyghtMare and the Admin team for taking a proactive approach to find a solution. This looks like a very innovative idea.

Comment

If I lived close to you I would make a big batch of brownies for you....mmmmmmm! Testing it now!

Comment

does it work???? I have piles of work so i dont have time to test it myself XD
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Works great, squad moving is flawless.

Feature creep:
                  Have squads stay in same channel from round to round
                  Have this ability be available to only SLs during the match and open the channel so that entire team can use channel between matches.

Must have TG SOPs on when to use all team talk channel.

Comment

Worked great.. I had trouble finding the TG BC2 server in my favorites, so I hopped in a channel with Project to ask where they were. After restarting the game the server was there again. So I joined and was immediately switched to another channel and found myself talking to myself as I thanked him for pointing out that the server was indeed up and running. Then switched again, as I joined a squad. It even easily switched me in as the teams swapped between rounds. Even better the team wide chat works just fine, as what I assume is whisper channel lights up red when being used, so you can see who is talking in the other squads on your team.

Two thumbs up and more +rep than the forums will allow.

NOW we just need to get you a job with EA so you can set up in game VOIP for them :D
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Thanks for helping testing guys.

@DocGuo, the over use of the team-wide channel seemed to die down after a while as people got more accustomed to working in squads again

It was, honestly, a LOT more fun to operate on the squad level again. While the squads I was in found themselves lacking for leadership (due to no strict SL position in the game) I definitely found that it lead to clearly comms and a higher quality of game play.

If BC2 can be fun when we get the squad VOIP rolling out well then BF3 will be wild :)

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                        Worked great.. I had trouble finding the TG BC2 server in my favorites, so I hopped in a channel with Project to ask where they were. After restarting the game the server was there again. So I joined and was immediately switched to another channel and found myself talking to myself as I thanked him for pointing out that the server was indeed up and running. Then I killed Project.
                        Fixed it for ya. One minute I was talking to you, the next minute, I didn't like you.

@KM, thanks for working on this. It did work like a charm. We did hear a couple of specific people from the other team. Looking forward to squad comms in BF3!

Comment

beautiful! I cant wait to use it myself on the 25th, knytmare, you are DA MAN!
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                            Fixed it for ya. One minute I was talking to you, the next minute, I didn't like you.

@KM, thanks for working on this. It did work like a charm. We did hear a couple of specific people from the other team. Looking forward to squad comms in BF3!
                            I see what you did there. I dont know what you are complaining about, I think you got the best of me most of the round. :P But that double head shot on you and who ever spawned behind you worked out well for the team while we were taking Bravo back. I love it when they line up like that. hehe
                            theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                            E Pluribus Unum
                            Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                            Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

The plugin under testing now whispers to everyone in teamwide channels and is good for across squad co-ordination and contact an admin

Heres an idea

There is another possibility of whisper to channel commanders. people who wanted to opt into inter-squad comms set themselves as channel commander and are picked up by that whisper broadcast

so you would end up with 3 comms channels
                              1) squad voip
                              2) teamwide for contact an admin (current plugin)
                              3) Inter-squad comms (a second plugin, with opt into comms of setting self as channel commander)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X