Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUCCESSFULLY changed OriginID (without going through support)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUCCESSFULLY changed OriginID (without going through support)

NOTE: Need a smartphone with ability to launch an EA mobile game.

I used Scrabble, but there's also a free version which you can use that will work just fine. I did this on an iPhone, but the Android version works just fine.
    1. Download the SCRABBLE Free app.
    2. Launch the app, and click on the gear on the bottom left
    3. Log in to your EA account at middle button on the bottom row
    4. After successfully logging in, the center button should be "EDIT ACCOUNT" with the Origin logo
    5. You can change your username here
    6. Click save
    7. Voila! Instant EA Account ID change. Log in to Origin on your PC, and the name change will be reflected in the top right above the buddy list.

With no beta, I can't test if the ID is passed to the game, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

I managed to change mine from PsylentStorm -> PvtBrokeback. Just to test it out, I successfully changed it back to the original PsylentStorm then back to PvtBrokeback again, meaning it's not a one-time thing.

Credit to this Reddit thread: How to change your Origin ID

Re: SUCCESSFULLY changed OriginID (without going through support)

You are a god! I could not even change it with the help from EA support, I will try this out. Thanks!

UPDATE: No Scrabble free in the Swedish version of Appstore, I tried some other EA titles but none had the ability to login. Oh well, nice find anyways :)
    Last edited by Lien; 10-13-2011, 10:47 AM.
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

I'll give it a shot....now will we have to re-add everyone in battlelog because we changed names? or will origin auto populate battlelog in the re;ease version....hmmmm
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Lien View Post
        No Scrabble free in the Swedish version of Appstore, I tried some other EA titles but none had the ability to login. Oh well, nice find anyways :)
        I'd try asking someone you trust within the US (21st?) to do it for you. To be super safe, you can change you password temporarily (Password, for example) before asking them to do it. Pass your login information to them, have them change your name, then just change your password back to whatever you want. That way, the person doing you a favor doesn't know your actual password.

Originally posted by Ven View Post
        I'll give it a shot....now will we have to re-add everyone in battlelog because we changed names? or will origin auto populate battlelog in the re;ease version....hmmmm
        All this does is just change your name like Steam (just in a more complex way). Everything stays as-is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          I believe that I have read somewhere on this forum or another source that all of our battle log friends/platoons will be cleared anyways. gonna have to start all over again when game releases.
          SgtSpork

Comment

Originally posted by Spork View Post
            I believe that I have read somewhere on this forum or another source that all of our battle log friends/platoons will be cleared anyways. gonna have to start all over again when game releases.
            That's Battlelog based, not Origin. It's like a friends-list in game will be cleared, but your Steam friends list remain intact.

Comment

It doesn't work for me. It is not like Steam because "Clarko" is already taken.

/Sad Face

Comment

Yeah, you're going to have to try different combinations. I tried a few before getting to what I wanted.

Comment

I'll stick to ClarkoPD. It sucks. Clarko has been my handle for years. Other than Visser. I just don't like Visser lol.

I wonder how long it will take EA to batch this loop hole up.

Comment

I can't believe it...it worked. Although first time I made a mistake but I was able to fix it :p

Comment

Didn't work for me. The name I want "Bear61" (my bf soldier name since 1942) is already associated with my ea account, so it says its already in use. I guess I can live with "Bear6174", or maybe they will allow us custom soldier names.

+1

Comment

Yeah that's the weird thing. It doesn't want to associate names that's already tied to our account. WTF?

Comment

Excellent, Got mine changed to TG-Red not my first choice but hopefully we can have custom soldier names.
                          |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

I got a whole bunch of names linked to my EA account when they did a merge a while back for me. The correct name is one of them and is listed but is not the primary name. I am going to see if EA support will fix that since it is an existing name already on my account.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Is working for me in half way - I was able to change my nick to an old from BF2142 but not from BC2 - it says is taken :\

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X