• [INFO] Battleblog #13: Multiplayer map reveal

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...ap-reveal.aspx

They look fantastic!

/Drool

Re: Battleblog #13: Multiplayer map reveal

Wow!

Comment

I like the nighttime map. Too bad it's an infantry map, because the night sky full of exploding AA, tracers, searchlights, jets darting in an out of the darkness... that would be epic.
      You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
      sigpic

Comment

I liking the idea with the Base Jump map. It will be interesting to see what people do with this (i.e. paradrop simulation, aerial formations, etc).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post
          I like the nighttime map. Too bad it's an infantry map, because the night sky full of exploding AA, tracers, searchlights, jets darting in an out of the darkness... that would be epic.
          I am predicting Little Birds on this map!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
            I liking the idea with the Base Jump map. It will be interesting to see what people do with this (i.e. paradrop simulation, aerial formations, etc).
            Gotta make a TG aerial formation for an intro for After Effects ;)

Comment

I like this comment:

Firestorm is the classic Battlefield gameplay taken to the extremes. Size-wise, and with some puzzle skills, you could actually place three Atacama Deserts -- one of the largest maps from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -- within the playable area
              A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Three of the maps? Or Three of the playable areas?

You could place three of the Atacama playable areas in the Atacama map!

Comment

The video they posted for Firestorm made the map look pretty small, the flags were fairly close together. The only things really grabbing me out of this are that they have a night map and a huge vertical offset map.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                    The video they posted for Firestorm made the map look pretty small, the flags were fairly close together. The only things really grabbing me out of this are that they have a night map and a huge vertical offset map.
                    These are the same comments people made about Caspian border... then when we actually received some play time we found out differently. There seems to be a lot of maps with a cluster of flags near the center but then other flags were spread out around the borders of the map.
                    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                      Three of the maps? Or Three of the playable areas?

You could place three of the Atacama playable areas in the Atacama map!

That right there is what I don't like about DICE map design recently. Since Rush is also played on that map they just lined up the capture points in the same straight and linear fashion. You could flank on each side but since viewing distance, objects, and map border are so close together anyone could notice the enemy flanking and immediately react. There is no distance thus not enough tactical options for squads to take.

I see that map with so much potential. The layout along reminds me much of Gulf of Oman....but just the first beach points which if that was the case back in Battlefield 2. Would be a bad map. Its boring.

For Frostbite being as advance as they say it is they really hinder the capabilities in map sizes. Yes, BC2 has a lower player count but even on their conquest maps it felt like everyone was clustered together.

I think when they say that Caspian Border is big and Operation Firestorm is bigger than any map I feel cheated. It may be a big map for Jets but infantry and vehicles no way.

I really hope points are spread out.
                      Last edited by Visser; 10-13-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
                        These are the same comments people made about Caspian border... then when we actually received some play time we found out differently. There seems to be a lot of maps with a cluster of flags near the center but then other flags were spread out around the borders of the map.
                        The only flags that had some distance were Antenna and Check point. But even those were still too close to the US base. Forest, Hilltop, and Gas station were a triad. The maps feel big only because of the 3D layer (Hilltop being an up hill battle) and objects that fill in the empty void in between the points (trees, rocks, fences, concrete blocks, etc)

I would really like to see BF2 maps like Sharaqui Peninsula, Gulf of Oman, Dragons Valley, etc map size examples compared to the BF3 maps because I am not convinced BF3 maps are big enough. I am disappointed but not turn off from playing BF3. It was just one of the features I like in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kappa View Post
                          I know, I was one of those people. I liked Caspian for what it was, but was hoping there'd be something more expansive.

Firestorm is the largest map they're launching with, and it doesn't look to be a huge leap above Caspian. I guess I just crave more thoroughly designed maps that'll offer many different strategies.

I'm falling to the opinion of this game being "close enough," and accepting that the market isn't making what I'm hoping for (either run and gun COD or heavy simulation ARMA, no median ala BF2/2142). I really did enjoy the beta though. I felt like they got the damage model 100% right, I'm very hopeful they don't tone it down much, if at all. All they needed to do was correct the hit registration and tweak a few things here and there and they'd have perfect.

Comment

One other thing about these large maps is they need a significantly more vehicles. Too many times I've spawned at the beginning of the round to find out I spawn slower than everyone else and have no ride to any points. What's even worse is that I found people who spawned in before me also waiting for a vehicle to spawn in.

I'm totally fine with increasing distance between flags, but if they're going to do so, they need to create vehicle spawns for at least a few of them. I want to be able to react and shift manpower if needed without having to walk the entire time.

Comment

I want a canyon map bad but I think 'base jump' looks like more gimmick than anything. I would have put in a rotating C130 for players to man the guns and jump out of, that would have been cooler to start a rush map out... though that is pretty gimmicky as well and sounds like it might 'prone' the other team a little too much.

Me wants Gazala 2.0 but the little we are seeing looks fine so. Still upset with only 9 maps but I am in the minority. Perhaps more people will care when BF4 ships with 6 maps.

What I can see so far looks ok. I am one that actually agrees with their mapping philosophy. I think the key is to have maps all types of players can have fun on. It stinks when a map comes up and people groan/leave because they don't want a plane map or they don't want an inf map. Well the best move IMO is to try and design maps so you have true combined arms for various roles. So if you want to fly then great we got that in the map but if you are wanting more inf on inf action then we got that too or if you want to tank we got that as well all in the same map. It is possible but takes a solid design and deep understanding of the game to pull off. Now I am still for maps that have a focus or theme IE Lost Village or Kerch or something else but the bulk of maps should be all out war with combined arms IMO.
                              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X