Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail minimap changes

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ew-crutch.html

Between that thread and watching some videos it looks like they have changed the following.

- Clarity of minimap is a lot better.
    - If you fire your weapon you will show up on the other teams minimap if they are in the area. Auto 2d spotting based on revealing yourself by sound.
    - Dead friendlies show up on the minimap as skulls regardless of whether you are a medic. There is also an indication of dead teammates on your main hud.
    - Ammo and health packs show up on minimap.
    - There is a large version of the map that can be viewed showing all control points.

Watch the minimap in this ps3 video in particular. 1:25-1:35 is a good example of the audio spotting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfu8k3_1Xww
    |TG-12th|mantis

Hmmm. I like some of the changes (clarity and large map) but a couple of them would seem to negate the effect of playing more tactically. Guess I'll be trying to use a supressor a lot. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Retail minimap changes

All great changes. It's becoming to look more and more like the beta was really cut down on features, and BF3 will indeed be a great game.

Comment

Sweet, now we won't even need in game VOIP!

But it may only be a a feature for squad death match?
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I'm not sure I like showing up on someone's minimap because of the sound, wouldn't everyone just switch to the suppressor?
          Is BF3 really trying to mimic COD on this?

It would be too easy to give away positions.

Being hidden with positioning > decreased damage from gun

Anyone else want to chip in on this?
          Also as Namebot said, is this only for squad death match? If it is, nobody cares, let them have this feature. Nothing to see here...

Comment

The crossbones on map regardless if your medic are not. I like that we could direct the medic towards a fallen comrade if they do not notice which in turn could lead them straight into a trap.

I don't like it. It makes you more reliant on the mini map than make you situation aware of your surroundings.

Does even our current military have these advantages? (Don't answer that! It was rhetorical)

Comment

I dislike showing up on the 2D map when firing your weapon but that means the surpressors have a greater role. Players should have to use their ears to figure out where enemy fire is coming from and that is also why each side should only have access to their own unique weapons so if you hear an AK... you know it should be Russian.
              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I really dislike the 2D spot from firing - but after watching the video it only 2D spots you for a second or 2. I can live with that, and I found myself quite relieved. If we can disable it, that's cool. If not, I really don't see it as an issue like in certain other titles.
                Skud

Comment

maybe the mini map works?

Comment

Doesn't look bad. I suppose we can speculate on if suppressors actually remove that auto spotting via sound thing. Skulls on the minimap is kind of annoying since it just puts more extra stuff on there to block necessary information like the enemy triangle that is directly under the skull of your fallen teammate. Seeing where medpacks and supplyboxes are is kind of neat but in areas where they spam that stuff it would kind of clutter up the minimap.

Where did you see the part about the big entire map view?
                    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Get rid of the mini map altogether.

Then you would have a far more challenging game that demanded a much higher level of teamwork.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                        Get rid of the mini map altogether.

Then you would have a far more challenging game that demanded a much higher level of teamwork.
                        Seconded. That's why I played BC2 in HC mode almost exclusively. I would get into this zone where I wouldn't even look at the screen, just the minimap. Much better with just a standard map with control points.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I'm glad that they have improved the full size map.
                          Showing up on the mini-map for a second or two when firing a loud weapon sounds good too. Going to have to be more careful about not giving away your position.

Comment

Glad they improved the big map. But we'll have to see how these tweaks work in game!

Comment

I like mini-maps

I can have my opinion in red too

On a more serious note, I think I like the changes. Hopefully the range of giving away your position isn't huge. I also think 90% of the people will run silencer now, but at least the trade off for decreased damage and range is more worth it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X