• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a co-op buddy

I'll open with a tweet here:

QUOTING
    Twigzer James Naughton
    @Thylander Can you tell anything about co-op unlocks for multiplayer?
    in reply to ↑

@Thylander
    Fredrik Thylander
    @Twigzer Sure. There's about 6 or so guns for various classes (or all) to be gotten for MP from playing coop. Like the M39 EBR
    replies ↓

smasht_au Tony Meman
    @Thylander @Twigzer Is there anyway to get these without playing co-op?

Thylander Fredrik Thylander
    @smasht_au No, but they've been carefully selected to make sure there are other, similar, pieces of equipment available through pure MP.

I would like to play the co-op through and get these unlocked as soon as the game releases! I need someone to join me for a great adventure!

Let me know if you are interested.
    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Re: I need a co-op buddy

*Raises hand*

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

done! this is gonna be awesome!

EDIT: Mancer, what't you Battlelog and Origin ID?

Mine is Glycerin256 on both.
      Last edited by glycerin; 10-20-2011, 09:58 AM.
      -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

hmm so is co-op like a campaign or just a bot filled multiplayer map?

Comment

It's a 2 player campaign that is separate and different from the single player campaign, from what I understand. The storylines are supposed to be connected.

We will know more when it's released!

Comment

It's a 2 player campaign that is separate and different from the single player campaign, from what I understand. The storylines are supposed to be connected.

We will know more when it's released!

Comment

TheLancerMancer on Battlelog and Origin. I've decided to just go with TheLancerMancer as my primary alias so unless stated otherwise, search for that first always :)

From what I've been hearing the BF3 co-op should be like Special Ops was in Modern Warfare 2, as a continuous campaign all on it's own. Should be really good fun.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Awwwwwwww man this sounds sweet, Ill be needing a co-op buddy too.

Battlelog: Voodoo288

Comment

Here are more detaiols regarding Co-OP (old news, but worth the repost)

-- The six varied co-op missions provide a storyline separate from the campaign and lead up to "an explosive finish." Missions will take anywhere from 20 to 50 minutes to complete.

-- Players take on the role of soliders that are not tied to any one particular branch of the Armed Forces.

-- The difficulty level in co-op is adjustable, but the missions are designed to be more challenging than the single-player campaign missions.

-- To get through the more difficult missions, players will regularly use the co-op mode's Man Down mechanic, which allows players to revive their downed partner. DICE noted downed players will still be able to defend themselves with a secondary weapon and crawl to cover. The mission ends if both players are downed at the same time.

-- Co-op missions contain randomized elements, keeping multiple playthroughs fresh and challenging.

-- Co-op is tied to BF3's new social network, Battlelog, allowing players to see the high scores of their friends and battle for bragging rights.

-- A number of weapons are unlockable in co-op mode, and once they are in a player's inventory, they can be used in regular multiplayer modes.

So yah, I'm pretty stoked for this.

Comment

Any chance single player and co-op will be less processor intensive than the multiplayer (beta was almost unplayable for me)?

Comment

For the record, I'll be perfectly willing to play through this multiple times. So if anyone ever wants to get those unlocks but needs a partner, look me up.

Comment

I think it sounds fun, I'll be checking it out.

Comment

I will be up for some co-op, although it may be tough to tear myself away from the MP the first couple weeks...

I was already wondering how long it would be before I opened the SP portion. With BC2, it was a couple months before I played it, and that was because I really had a cold, and had nothing better to do at 3AM.
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Yeah, I am down. Chachy_McBalls

Comment

I'm well up for this. Shorter co-op missions sound good to me - I could rarely guarantee that I'd have time for a full campaign/vs campaign of Left 4 Dead, or a solid Borderlands play session. But half an hour here and there sounds much better.

westyfield.
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X