Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited!

Hello,

I am Theoo. Just wanted to say hi to everybody and say that I cant wait for the release of the game. I have never had the pleasure of playing in a squad where teamwork defined the experience;
    Such a thing I look forward to.

Any advice for a newb? Also, when we play on the server are we fighting each other or do we go up against the general public?

Re: Excited!

Welcome, Theo!! And hello!! It is an awesome thing to look forward to. Playing in a squad with VOIP definitely increases the fun value. As far as I know, and I might be wrong, so don't quote me, (lol), but I think it's against anyone that comes on the server, be they TG members or pubbies. I'll be sure to add you on Battlelog when the opportunity arises.
    "A real man drinks strawberry flavored energy drinks out of a pink can..............with a straw."

Comment

Do your job:

Medic puts out health pack and revives fallen comrades; may also use smoke so squad/team can move up.
      Support puts out ammo and suppresses known enemy locations.
      Engineer fixes friendly vehicles and destroys anything with armor or a turret.
      Recon puts out mobile respawn and stays with squad to support them with spotting and killing enemies.

Pretty simple, but it's definitely worth saying again.

Also, only sprint in between cover, for about 3-5 seconds. Never sprint around a corner, always pie it. Zig-zag when being shot at by bolt actions. Use VoIP (teamspeak) to communicate concise information to your team.
      Learn the maps.
      Learn to pilot.

I think that's it.

What's your EA ID? What's your past gaming experience?
      -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Hello and welcome theo, just enjoy the teamplay and have fun. Hope we can squad up in bf3 :)

Comment

Hi theo and welcome to TG, make sure you check out the stickied posts in the forum, they have a ton of information for you to get started!

Most of the time we play on our own servers, and anyone is welcome to join. So we end up with a mix of both TG and visitors on both teams squadding up. We do not form TG vs public teams or squads, but it's as much fun to play against a strong TG squad as it is to play with them.

Comment

My advice for you is to keep it simple. Trying to do too much will have you not doing anything.
            • Get a mic/headset if you don't have one already.
            • Find both the TG server and our TS server, and make them both your favorites.
            • Join a squad with [TG] or [TGxx] tags, introduce yourself, and say you're new and that you're interested in learning to play in a TG way.

The first 2 can be done before the game is even released. The last step helps us understand where you're coming from and I'm sure the members will be more than willing to help you.

Welcome to TG.

Comment

Have fun. Be mature. Don't worry about impressing anyone. Play tactical and use voip (TS3 or in game).

Sent from my Droid.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by theo View Post
                when we play on the server are we fighting each other or do we go up against the general public?
                The only thing I enjoy more than playing alongside fellow TGers is playing against them. Those 1 ticket wins/losses are better than steamrolling a team any day.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome, friend! Remember we're about teamwork, strategy, and honor. Speak and you will be heard but make sure to follow the TG SOP.

See you on the battlefield!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squinty View Post
                    The only thing I enjoy more than playing alongside fellow TGers is playing against them. Those 1 ticket wins/losses are better than steamrolling a team any day.

Welcome aboard.
                    +1000 rep .. there is nothing better than winning a round by the skin of your teeth after being down by a bunch early in the round. I for one hate playing rounds when we win by 100 tickets or more. The closer the game the better, the more thrilling, the more engaging... a close loss is always a great game.

Thoe, welcome to TG. In case it was not clear, we dont stack teams, we play on the side we landed on when we joined the server. We play for the game of it, not for the win.
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Welcome theo.

You have stumbled into one of the Internet's foremost gaming communities and are bound to discover great times and make some new friends.

You may want to get FRAPs or another in-game recorder, so you can record all the times you knife Squinty.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X