• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day one patch

Simple LOL

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/commo-ros...day-one-patch/

Re: Day one patch

This was mentioned in other threads.
    Are you really surprised? or upset that there is a day one patch? A day one patch means they are still working on the game after it went gold(to production), which is a good thing. If you got the digital version is should be incorporated into the file, if you bought a hard copy is means DLing a patch from the incredibly slow Origin site. Well, maybe it is just slow since 1 million people with pre-orders are hitting the servers at once.
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

[oops - page error]

Comment

"day one patch means they are still working on the game after it went gold(to production)"

That part wasn't coded in one or two days. If they were busy to do not put it/enable it means there is more stuff on their desk. Gaming industry is not good field for agile irritations.

Comment

This is not a bad thing.

Comment

I agree.. Day 1 patch makes me happy. I hope there is a week 1 patch, a month 1 patch, and more.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Agree, I hope there are many more to add the core functionality that we all feel should be there from launch. It can't be helped, but I would rather get it 1 month down the line that not at all.......

Comment

Commo Rose? Yes!
                Game patches? Yes!

Comment

Good to know it's getting attention!

Comment

The day 1 patch is included in the pre-load. Just a heads up.
                    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                      we all feel should be there from launch
                      Well said. You have got my point ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BobaFetish View Post
                        "day one patch means they are still working on the game after it went gold(to production)"

That part wasn't coded in one or two days. If they were busy to do not put it/enable it means there is more stuff on their desk. Gaming industry is not good field for agile irritations.
                        You are completely right, but the files that went gold and sent to production had to have been done a couple weeks ago. More than likely before the beta was even released. :D It takes a couple hours to burn a million DVDs. I am sure that even those who play the console version will be DLing a huge file the first time they load the game.
                        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                        E Pluribus Unum
                        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

True - looks like mostly compiled on Oct. 8th :\

Comment

Originally posted by BobaFetish View Post
                            they have told us for the past 2 weeks that the tweaks from the beta are going to be delivered via a day one patch.....hardly news?
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                              they have told us for the past 2 weeks that the tweaks from the beta are going to be delivered via a day one patch.....hardly news?
                              The news is they kept their word. They can say a lot of things but until its news, it is not fact.

I am all about day one patching. I hope we can see some regular updates for the first couple weeks as they knock out little issues and stabalize the game. Even better is that the day one patch is already applied for those that are pre-loading. :)
                              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X