Remove Beta from Origin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Beta from Origin

Anyone know how to remove the Beta from your Origin games library? It is a small annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

Re: Remove Beta from Origin

I don't know either, but it's a small annoyance to me too. I uninstalled the game through origin, which takes you to the system control panel/add-remove programs.

I am sure an update to Origin will solve the problem. No rush, as long as it doesn't interfere with BF3s launch day.
    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

After scouring the interwebz, I found that you'll have to contact Support to remove it.
      "A real man drinks strawberry flavored energy drinks out of a pink can..............with a straw."

Comment

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7552047.page as mentioned above ^^^^^

Thanks for the report all.

We have forwarded this thread to the Origin Dev team so we can deliver your feedback to them regarding the Free Games feature. Keep in mind this feature is still brand new and is still being actively developed.

It's been mentioned that in future updates of Origin, you will be able to hide games you no longer want to see in your My Games library. But there is currently no ETA for this feature.

In the meantime, if you wish to have Free Game tiles removed (disabled) in your Origin client you will need to contact EA Customer Experience.

http://help.origin.com

Regards,

Comment

Thanks JB4. Maybe when I have a couple free hours I'll call EA support to remove it and the origin BF3 preorder that I cancelled. (Amazon saved me 15 bucks)
          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

I have both Alpha and Beta in my origin...I really hope it disappears come Tuesday.

Comment

Well I just noticed that the BC2 Beta is still on my system so I guess that's two to remove now. I haven't been able to find away to remove it from origins yet as well.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I deleted the game in the installed programs control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by marstein View Post
                  I deleted the game in the installed programs control panel.
                  This. I did it since the beta ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                    This. I did it since the beta ended.
                    I did the same but it still shows up in my origin

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                      I did the same but it still shows up in my origin
                      I think I removed it from inside origin itself. I'm not home right now so cant really tell you where exactly. But there is an option in origin to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                        I think I removed it from inside origin itself. I'm not home right now so cant really tell you where exactly. But there is an option in origin to do so.
                        Yes, there is a filtering option at the top of your game window that allows you to use different views of your library but you are limited to those views. I do not believe there is a way to hide or delete an individual game from that view (although it may be deleted from you computer). As you imply you can use the "downloaded" filter and it will only show you active, downloaded games. A minor inconvenience for now.

Comment

Go to Origin, click on My Games, click on the "I" next to the Beta, and there is an option to Uninstall.

NVM, clicking on that Uninstall option will only bring up Windows' Uninstall program control panel.
                          You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
                          sigpic

Comment

HERE'S HOW TO REMOVE THE BETA FROM ORIGIN:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...m_origin_edit/

right-click on the file and select EDIT to change the value. Just a heads up.

Comment

Worked for me, nice find

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse