Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New SquadTalk Plugin Version, IMPORTANT! MUST UPDATE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SquadTalk Plugin Version, IMPORTANT! MUST UPDATE!

The SquadTalk plugin some of you have installed has been updated and is ready for BF3 testing.

IF YOU INSTALLED THE PREVIOUS VERSION YOU MUST UPDATE TO THIS NEW VERSION.

These are the new download links. USE THESE LINKS ONLY.

Windows 32-bit: http://downloads.tssync.net/SquadTalk-Windows-32bit.zip
    Windows 64-bit: http://downloads.tssync.net/SquadTalk-Windows-64bit.zip

Installation is just like it was before. If you are already setup you just need to click and drag the new .dll file into your TeamSpeak plugins folder.

If you're new to the plugin the original instructions are here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...e-testing.html

If you are going to be leading a squad you should add new hotkeys for the following two commands:
    "/squadtalk squadleader start" to open SL-to-SL comms
    "/squadtalk squadleader stop" to close SL-to-SL comms

YOU MUST BE A SQUAD LEADER TO USE THE SQUAD LEADER COMMS CHANNEL.

Squad leader comms will be available automatically when the server-side script is updated for BF3 (post launch).

Re: New SquadTalk Plugin Version, IMPORTANT! MUST UPDATE!

Updated, thanks a ton Knyght!

Small question, will all players hear the SL chatter or will only the SL's hear each other?

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Thanks Knyght. You rock!

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KnyghtMare again.

Comment

The slot channel is for squad leaders only. Regular team members won't hear it

Comment

Does the command to talk to the entire team still work, or is it being replaced by the SL-SL comms,

on a related note...if there is still the team-wide comms is there a way to mute it without muting regular squad comms or SL-SL comms ?

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
              Does the command to talk to the entire team still work, or is it being replaced by the SL-SL comms,

on a related note...if there is still the team-wide comms is there a way to mute it without muting regular squad comms or SL-SL comms ?
              The plugin contains code to work with a team-wide comms channel AND an SL-to-SL channel.

The old command for team-wide voip still works. There is also code included to allow you to mute one (or both) of those channels but the server-side code isn't done for that yet.

Since BF3 includes a web browser in the overlay (and steam does too, I think, if you use that instead) I thought any tools could be put on a simple web page.

Comment

On the subject of VOIP, I just spotted this on a Youtube vid (PS3 Multiplayer gameplay)

I know the consoles have built in VOIP, but this still shows that there is something that facilitates VOIP built into the game. Hopefully this a precursor to VOIP on the PC.

Thanks for all you help in making our teamplay better, KnyghtMare. Much appreciated.
                -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KnyghtMare again.
                  QFT
                  +1 rep
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
                    On the subject of VOIP, I just spotted this on a Youtube vid (PS3 Multiplayer gameplay)

I know the consoles have built in VOIP, but this still shows that there is something that facilitates VOIP built into the game. Hopefully this a precursor to VOIP on the PC.

Thanks for all you help in making our teamplay better, KnyghtMare. Much appreciated.
                    I think you some how missed the epic scandal that was VOIP for squads and team for consoles and not for the PC. Was kind of the reason I started the thread in Battlelog and now EA Forums UK on this topic. To try and drum up enough support to get them to implement VOIP in the game. If not through code then through SONAR.
                    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Great news!

I need the option to turn off SL to SL and Teamwide comms.

How do you turn off the SL to SL and teamwide voices?

Thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                        Great news!

I need the option to turn off SL to SL and Teamwide comms.

How do you turn off the SL to SL and teamwide voices?

Thanks!
                        When in game (Bad Company 2 only for now, obviously) say "@teamvoip off" (can be to the entire server, your team or your squad).
                        TeamSpeak3 will then tell you you've had a server group revoked. This means you are no longer targetted by the team-wide voip hotkey.

IF SOMEBODY IS ALREADY BROADCASTING YOU WILL CONTINUE TO RECEIVE THE AUDIO STREAM UNTIL THEY STOP TRANSMITTING.

To enable team-wide voip again just say "@teamvoip on".

I'm not sure if I'm going to add a similar command for the SL-to-SL comms channel. Quite frankly, I don't think squad leaders should be allowed to completely detach from the rest of the team.

Comment

Thanks Knyghtmare -- the plugin is a great tool although I am still hearing unidentified voices speaking about irrelevant matters in my ears while in game . . .

I prefer to have complete control over the audio stream.

To squad lead effectively, I need the option of opting out of an excessively noisy channel, even a SL-to-SL channel. If the plugin does not enable such flexibility I will almost certainly not use it, as comms will almost certainly be too noisy. I am not going to argue this as I know from extensive experience that this is OFTEN the case.

End-user flexibility is all I am asking for here.

This is not about being "completely" detached from the rest of the team.

I have never been completely detached from the team, in any comms configuration.

And I agree, SLs cannot be completely detached from the team.

But forcing a singular comms option on SLs underestimates the complexity of comms and the flexibility of available alternatives.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                            I need the option of opting out of an excessively noisy channel, even a SL-to-SL channel. ... I know from extensive experience that this is OFTEN the case.
                            Well, we've never had an SL-to-SL channel in a battlefield game, so let's reserve judgement there and get some solid SOPs developed. Trust me, NOBODY want's a noisy SL-net.

Comment

We had something close to it in POE and other environments, I think. I distinctly recall that the team VOIP channels were almost always a problem, thus I used a secondary TS channel for squad comms. We never solved the team VOIP noise/discipline issue. This plugin's design appears to be predicated on the understanding that we will solve this issues with more discipline and enforced SOPs. I am hopeful that we will, but there is reason to believe that we will not.

What we have seen in the past is fairly (and perhaps absolutely) constant: the larger the channel the greater the noise. I do not recall that a real solution was ever found for this noise issue (Admin and group disciplining of comms channels has only worked to a limited extent, keeping in mind that what you mean by clean comms and what I mean by clean comms are bound to be two different things).

Also keep in mind that I support the principle of the plugin and wish it all success, and have provided feedback to that end. I will continue to use it as it is tested in the new environment of BF3.

But I think it is a fundamental design flaw to expose SLs to indiscriminate SL-to-SL chatter (by indiscriminate I mean every SL is exposed to each instance of SL-to-SL comms).

Assuming that this is how the plugin works (I will hear all SL-to-SL comms) a POSSIBLE if not highly probable result will be that the majority of SL-to-SL comms will not be relevant to any one SL.

This is what I mean by an increase in noise.

The proposed solution to this is Admin oversight, individual discipline, and SOPs, but in the end, we know these have been limited tools for comm discipline.

To summarize,

The SL-to-SL function needs to be discriminate: a SL speaks ONLY to the relevant SL.

Anything else, by definition, is noise in my channel.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X