Server Rules, Requirements and Expectations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Rules, Requirements and Expectations

So, since we were talking expectations in the "Battlefield 3 @ TG : Community Expectations" sticky. I wanted to take this discussion away from it to keep that one neat and clean, as this will probably get passed over in the long term.

Are we going to have those old expectations in place? Like the requirement to join a squad, follow orders placed by the SLs, no 1 man locked squads, not using attack choppers for transport/ bailing out of them to cap back flags. . . and possibly having to play the objectives?

These were big reasons for me becoming a supporting member of TG, and reasons that my old clan mates despised the community. Some people have problems with rules and regulations. I think it sets a server apart from the wild west that most servers operate as.

I dont think these requirements are anything that would hurt the server population wise. They are not server rules that would make the server "unranked" in the eyes of DICE, as I have been kicked from "n00b friendly" BC2 servers for being over the rank of 20.

Again, I am playing the devil's advocate, surprise surprise. I know we dont have the CO role anymore, but there are always ways around that. Without these "requirements" it is possible that there will be players that will lonewolf and not be productive members of the team. There will be those who will use a tank to snipe a CP from a safe distance, and retreat to wrench themselves. My biggest concern is those who will sit off a flag and farm spawn points to improve their KDR and avoid any chance of their own demise. It becomes easy to figure out where players spawn on flags after playing on the same maps over and over, and then set up in spots that overlook those points and fire on those who are spawning in at those points.

We are trying to build a better community of players, arent we? I dont think we want the players who have no intention of helping the team with objectives set forth by the game mode.
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Re: Server Rules, Requirements and Expectations

You don't have anything to worry about. I love a good western movie but the wild west has no place here at TG.

It is early and a lot of "expectations" are still being discussed/written up or will be discussed as we figure out what may or may not need to be spelled out.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

You would think most of that goes without saying

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
        You would think most of that goes without saying
        Indeed, most of it does. No harm in asking however. Like Mantis said, we are still refining some details, but all the basics are covered. This will be a TG game, have no doubts about it, and as such the basic rule set and primer will very much apply. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X