Joystick or Controller for Jets/Helo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick or Controller for Jets/Helo?

So I am doing my pre-launch prep, cleaning my mouse / monitor and was about to clean and test my joystick and the thought occurred to me that I could also use my gamepad for jet/helo.

The dual analogs might be beneficial over the joystick (one for control, one for looking) but I am not sure if it will be as precise as the joystick for maneuvers, I've never used it for flying. I'll probably end up trying both to see what I like better but I'd be curious to get other peoples thoughts on what they think is the best option.

Re: Joystick or Controller for Jets/Helo?

I really hope I can use my joystick, but BF games do not always have the best support that way!

Comment

Re: Joystick or Controller for Jets/Helo?

I will (again) be using strictly keyboard inputs for BF3 flight, as they have served me very well in all previous battlefield titles.
      WSAD for throttle and yaw, arrow keys for pitch and roll. I will suspect that depending on your joystick, it will be more accurate than controllers, which I have observed to start drifting in accuracy over time. Analogue inputs will be less "precise" than digital inputs, but will feel more "natural".

I'd start with joystick, but don't hesitate to try the controller out if there's any nagging doubt about doing better.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X