X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please vote for VOIP and squads in reddit

Everyone, stop what you are doing, head over to reddit and up-vote this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...oblems/c2uc3zn

If you don't have a reddit account, create one -- it doesn't require an email check and takes 10 seconds.

This is a chance for us to get visibility to DICE about what needs to be fixed in BF3. We only need 129 points to become the 2nd most requested launch concern. That post is in this thread put up by the EA community manager:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...erns_problems/
    Last edited by Twisted_Firestarter; 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Please vote for VOIP and squads in reddit

I wouldn't hold my breath too long for VOIP. Dice made that abundantly clear by not even bothering to fix it through the whole life of BC2. That such a crucial aspect of gameplay today is put so far on the sidelines is completely mind boggling but yeah that's my 2 cents on VOIP.
    sigpic

Comment

I gave you an upvote, the first I've ever given so feel honored :)

I don't want to be too negative here, but I think you are a bit late to the party.
      These issues has been brought to DICE's attention since the alpha.
      It is what it is, we have to make the best of it.
      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

I agree. It is crucial and mind-boggling that it isn't implemented in a game from a franchise that had VOIP years ago. All we can do is make sure DICE/EA continues to hear this from PC players and increase the visibility as much as possible. Being in the first few comments from the reddit thread would be huge.
        Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the upvote!

Not late to the party at all. We knew for a long time this would not be implemented on the PC at release. Still, continued visibility on this could not hurt.

Originally posted by Lien View Post
          I gave you an upvote, the first I've ever given so feel honored :)

I don't want to be too negative here, but I think you are a bit late to the party.
          These issues has been brought to DICE's attention since the alpha.
          It is what it is, we have to make the best of it.
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

No Voip? Well goes to show I haven't been following the development of BF3 for PC that close...

The lack of Viop killed BC2 for me. Lets face it, for those who remember me, I'm not the best shot, but I am a good team player that's why I played |TG| servers. I was going to pick up BF3 on my way home from class tonight, now... I'll be honest I'm not sure it will be worth the cost, to only have it sitting around collecting dust after a week or two because there is no working squad void. :(

~ Draken

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
              No Voip? Well goes to show I haven't been following the development of BF3 for PC that close...

The lack of Viop killed BC2 for me. Lets face it, for those who remember me, I'm not the best shot, but I am a good team player that's why I played |TG| servers. I was going to pick up BF3 on my way home from class tonight, now... I'll be honest I'm not sure it will be worth the cost, to only have it sitting around collecting dust after a week or two because there is no working squad void. :(

~ Draken
              There is a Teamspeak-Server script that will put you in a teamspeak channel depending on what squad/team you are. I am not sure if it's working yet as I am at work.
              sigpic

Comment

I can't say that it was working (cause I wasn't in game while I was re-opening my TG-ness,) but it sure was moving people around through all the TeamSpeak squad channels last night.
                sigpic

Comment

Not believing something will happen and not fighting for it are 2 different things. Just because you don't think it'll happen doesn't mean you should quell those who are trying to make it happen. Just upvote him, that's all we need.

Comment

Upvote my reddit comment and put exactly that in a reply to it. I think there are a lot of PC players who feel the same way.

[QUOTE=DrakenViator;1664372The lack of Viop killed BC2 for me. Lets face it, for those who remember me, I'm not the best shot, but I am a good team player... I'll be honest I'm not sure it will be worth the cost, to only have it sitting around collecting dust after a week or two because there is no working squad voip. :([/QUOTE]
                    Twisted Firestarter
                    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                    sigpic

Comment

Upvote my reddit comment and put exactly that in a reply to it. I think there are a lot of PC players who feel the same way.

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
                      The lack of Viop killed BC2 for me. Lets face it, for those who remember me, I'm not the best shot, but I am a good team player... I'll be honest I'm not sure it will be worth the cost, to only have it sitting around collecting dust after a week or two because there is no working squad voip. :(
                      Twisted Firestarter
                      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                      sigpic

Comment

I believe Apo said it was working for squad-leader to squad-leader comms only.

Don't get me wrong, the TG scripting to help fix the broken VOIP is genius. It will be the best BF3 voice solution on the net when it's fully baked. But it will never be better than in-game VOIP support if for no other reason than hearing comms over the TS channel breaks the immersion. It doesn't sound like it's coming from within the environment. Aside from that, getting 100% voice coverage will be impossible. The most we can hope for is a warning/kick script to remove players who refuse to participate.

Originally posted by Yoyi View Post
                        There is a Teamspeak-Server script that will put you in a teamspeak channel depending on what squad/team you are. I am not sure if it's working yet as I am at work.
                        Twisted Firestarter
                        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                        sigpic

Comment

I cast my vote. I hope others do the same!

EA is at least willing to listen. If you don't make your voices loud enough, you can't expect them to change anything!

Comment

I up-voted ya...

I also went and up voted a dozen or so other threads that talked about the need for VIOP...

Comment

Thanks all. We are currently in the top 20 issues.
                              Twisted Firestarter
                              a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse