BF3 Retail - First Impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Retail - First Impressions

Surprised there is not one of these yet, so I'll start one.

I felt it was a huge upgrade over the beta. The maps were pretty much gorgeous, the gameplay was smooth, the immersion was there, and I breathed a little sigh of relief that it was so much improved over the beta.

There are still some things that I'm not happy about, but I am optimistic that we will be able to deal with them eventually.

What do you guys think of the BF3 full-release?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: BF3 Retail - First Impressions

The difference between the beta and the gold is like night and day. It also helps that we have more than 1 map :)

While there are the obvious flaws that have been thoroughly discussed (voip, minimap, comorose, etc), I think there's a really good foundation for lots of improvement. I can see myself playing this for years.

Comment

It's ok. I don't think it lived up to "Battlefield" 3 though. key things missing, six man sqds, VOIP, CO, squad organization, origin and battlelog issues etc etc. If I was to rate it i'de give it a 7.8
      Hopefully they will fix some of these issues. All in all great game but missing some key features. It's a beautiful game with amazing graphics but graphics isnt everything.

Comment

So far I love it! Love the maps, the sounds are amazing, and the helo's actually feel pretty similar to BF2!! It's SOOO nice to be able to lead a squad again too!! (And huge props to knyghtmare for the TeamSync thing... so awesome! :D)

Right now the only thing that's like a sharp little pebble in my shoe is that there's just so much stuff on the HUD!! I hate how the flag marker hover's right above your crosshair... but the worst is the stripe of blue triangles along the horizon!! :D

Comment

So far I love it! Love the maps, the sounds are amazing, and the helo's actually feel pretty similar to BF2!! It's SOOO nice to be able to lead a squad again too!! (And huge props to knyghtmare for the TeamSync thing... so awesome! :D)

Right now the only thing that's like a sharp little pebble in my shoe is that there's just so much stuff on the HUD!! I hate how the flag marker hover's right above your crosshair... but the worst is the stripe of blue triangles along the horizon!! :D

Comment

DO you become the SL when you created the squad ? like in BF2 ?

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

You don't really 'create' a squad.. You kinda get inserted into one.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post

What do you guys think of the BF3 full-release?
                I like my BF3 like I like massages. Full-release.

Huge improvement over the beta. Love the range indicators to flag, SLs being able to issue basic orders, and the much smoother gameplay.
                Beatnik

Comment

We've got a winner. It's the real deal. Maps, vehicles, aircraft, load outs, graphics, sounds, weapons, immersion, are all spot on. It's a successor to BF2. Couple dead horse issues need to be ironed out but with a vocal BF gaming community I'm optimistic that will happen.
                  |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                  "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                  - Check me out on The Onion
                  - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Let me start off with the positives.

I love the maps.
                    I love the night time battles.
                    I love this game*

*If it weren't for Knyghtmare's plugin and the nifty squad script for TS VOIP, I would pass up this title. This solution is the icing on the cake. Well done to all those involved.

I really only have one thing I intensely dislike...

I hate hate hate the altered damage model. The beta greatly rewarded those with better position. The release gives too much of a 'second chance' to those that rush in where angels fear to tread. Not as bad as BC2, but not as fulfilling as the beta.

Comment

I'm quite disappointed with the maps. Out of the small number, only two stand out, Caspian, and Canals. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                        I'm quite disappointed with the maps. Out of the small number, only two stand out, Caspian, and Canals. That's it.
                        Kharg Island, iirc, seemed pretty solid too.

I think our servers will need to go the route we did in 2142 and play 48 people on 64p maps. Maybe.
                        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I hate hate hate the altered damage model. The beta greatly rewarded those with better position. The release gives too much of a 'second chance' to those that rush in where angels fear to tread. Not as bad as BC2, but not as fulfilling as the beta.
                          Oh no, please tell me this is not the case, I can't play till Friday and I haven't picked it up yet. This was what I feared they had done after reading some lame review last week. Ruddy hell what a disappointment, I detest the BC2 level of damage and the beta was perfect, the one thing they nailed spot on. Can others confirm this? I is disappoint.

Comment

The start of the singleplayer is very awesome. They really throw some cool fun stuff at you. Multiplayer is pretty cool, it takes a while to get used to the game mechanics. I feel that the sniper glow doesn't detract to much from the game, as well as the kill cam. TG servers look drastically different from normal pubservers. It's pretty funny to just see the difference in squad movements and coordination on the TG server compared to normal pub.

Comment

First impression? Yeah, this is going to cause me some serious sleep deprivation. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X