Server 2 running SL only spawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2 running SL only spawn

Since we don't have the option of the unranked server right now I figure now would be a good time to test out SL only spawn on a server. I know the community wanted to check out how that changes the feel at some point and doing it now will differentiate the two 64 player servers a bit so both see activity.

To be clear - this is just a test. Not a permanent change or signal that we are moving to SL only spawn. Play on both and tell us how they play differently and which you prefer.

Note: All other settings should be the same between servers 1 and 2.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Server 2 running SL only spawn

SL only spawn, sounds like a good experiment ;)

Comment

Noticed a few things, but I don't think we can do anything about these since they are bugs (don't know for sure):

Sometimes we dont have a squad leader in a squad...not sure whats up with that and it makes it so we cant respawn on each other lol.

Second, sometimes on different maps we can respawn on everyone, not just the SL. Not sure if this is a map problem though.
      Last edited by Avs; 10-25-2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

What Avs said. Mostly though can't spawn on anyone in squad since no designated squad leader.

Comment

Does that bug happen often?
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

The no squad leader happens pretty often.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I found SL only spawn to add to the immersion and squad cohesion. Plus some risky and thrilling SL revive action.
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

^^^^^^This
                I found the same thing last night, especially when the servers kept crashing and we would switch between 1 & 2, I found the squad cohesion was much better after a couple of rounds on server 2, the effect did carry over to server 1 as well.
                All in all, I am for having SL only spawn running on one if not both of the servers.
                sigpic

Comment

I like squad only spawn too, for making it a bit more tactical.

No squad lead seems to happen when the squad leader leaves the squad. When it happened last night, having everyone leave the squad and join a new one fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
                    I found SL only spawn to add to the immersion and squad cohesion...
                    Agree completely. Big thumbs up from me. I like the mechanic that SL can spawn on any squad member too - gives the squad a little more staying power. (Also retains those dramatic "so-n-so, you're last one up!" moments that were fun in BC2)

Comment

Having played both my vote is for SL only spawn. I like the extra level of thinking...

Do I take that risky revive of my SL so my dead teammates can spawn on him and keep the pressure on the flag or do I run and hide so my SL can spawn on me and we can regroup?...decisions, decisions.

I think its also a good job of keeping the squad together, and also makes squad wipes easier (this is a good thing in my opinion, some might not agree)

Comment

I also found it to work great, and would prefer this for sure. Really brings back the cohesion as others mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
                          I found SL only spawn to add to the immersion and squad cohesion. Plus some risky and thrilling SL revive action.
                          Totally agreed. I ran a few rounds on Server 2 last night in Anospa's squad, and found the squad experience more enjoyable overall with having only one squad member to spawn in on. It seemed like everyone, on both sides, took greater care not to die because their options to spawn on had been cut in half. I'd be in favor of this setting across all servers.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

so back to the no SL bug.....I had no Sl more times than I had an SL....so how's it going to work in the server if no one in a squad is SL?????
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I agree, I think SL only spawn adds a nice tactical wrinkle to the server. The only problem with it right now are the game's shortcomings. Like others have said, sometimes there is no SL. This is especially a problem if the team is full because none of the squads will be empty (since they gave us the bare minimum of 8) which means you can't reform your squad. Another issue is that, as far as I can tell, you can't really choose who is SL in a squad. On a full team you can't choose to step up and be an SL if you weren't an SL already. I hope they give us a more robust squad management screen down the road.
                              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X