Why I cant play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I cant play

I click on the game and it brings up my web browser. I look around in battlelog for a few minutes before I try to connect to a server. Then like 20 minutes later I realize I am on wikipedia reading about some random historical event in a country that will never matter to me, reading the forums in another window and loading a youtube video in another...

I should be playing now, but I am posting this instead...

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: Why I cant play

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
    I click on the game and it brings up my web browser. I look around in battlelog for a few minutes before I try to connect to a server. Then like 20 minutes later I realize I am on wikipedia reading about some random historical event in a country that will never matter to me, reading the forums in another window and loading a youtube video in another...

Well, you're not alone dude. Case in point, I'm responding to this thread. Oh, also, I died too many times in singleplayer, so the game crashed. That's how I interpreted it at least.

Comment

Hah. So it's an attention thing? I usually click play next to someone's name, wait a second, then the icon with the soldier's face pops up in my taskbar (whatever the open programs at the bottom left of the screen is called in Win7). Are you saying that you just forget the last step? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
        Hah. So it's an attention thing? Are you saying that you just forget the last step? lol.
        yep. that and I crash every so often so every time I am out of the game I end up wasting 40 minutes on the internet...

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

yep. that and I crash every so often so every time I am out of the game I end up wasting 40 minutes on the internet...
          Ah, ok. I hope you get the crashing issues solved. I've been VERY pleasantly surprised with my system's performance and stability with the final release. It didn't hold up for the large map on beta, but it runs just fine on low at 1080p now. I'm sure your system is better than mine, so keep working at it.

Comment

Could just turn on full-screen in the options, then it'd never switch to the windowed mode.
            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I think the server being slap full and having to pound on the connect button contributes to that, stuck in the web browser. And the fact that while I was on it didn't stay up for more than two maps in a row without a crash, back to the web browser.

When I finally get in, the game is just too damn pretty, kinda wander around just looking at the scenery occasionally getting shot. =)

I had fun while playing last night, but still seems to be some issues to iron out with this new setup from DICE.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WaffleHousChef View Post
                When I finally get in, the game is just too damn pretty, kinda wander around just looking at the scenery occasionally getting shot.
                This definitely happened to me several times last night:)

Comment

Which browser are you using and OS ? If Win 7 specify 32 or 64.
                  I want all those who get to know me
                  To become admirers or my enemies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...