Your TG Battlefield moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your TG Battlefield moments

Share your favorite random experiences from the TG Battlefield!

Taking off with the attack chopper, trying out my buttons on the joystick only to notice that button 1 is bound to enter/exit vehicle. I bailed out in flight leaving my gunner screaming at me for what an idiot I am.

Caspian border 64p conquest. Two TG squads moving from Forest to Gas Station in line formation covering all terrain from the river up to the road, steamrolling enemies hidden in the rocks and bushes. TG at it's best.
    former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Re: Your TG Battlefield moments

On Metro, one of my squad mates was lining up his sniper rifle for a kill. Right as he pulled the trigger, I spawned in front of him. He got his kill-shot alright! :-(

I forget the map, but one of my team mates was badly injured from a fire fight, and ran to me for help. I switched to a medkit to drop it on him.. forgetting that I recently changed my loadout to a grenade launcher. I'm not sure which one of us was more surprised when he took that grenade straight to the face. Luckily, I had also equipped a defib. :-)

One time I was stuck in a metal container, with enemies waiting for me right outside the door. I threw a grenade and bounced it off the container wall so it landed right on the other side of the door. I thought I was real slick.. until I got killed by the grenade blast. Apparently the steel door on a shipping crate is not thick enough to protect you. :-(

Comment

My first moment with BF3 on a TG server will be me spawning into base...taking three steps..and getting backed over by a tank... They need to Beep when backing up.. :row__577:

Its going to be fun..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Spawned into an intense firefight not realizing my HUD had disappeared. After gunning down the 'foes' around me like a boss, someone asked why I was TK'ing everyone... oops.

PS: Apologies to those I TK'd. :) sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
          Spawned into an intense firefight not realizing my HUD had disappeared. After gunning down the 'foes' around me like a boss, someone asked why I was TK'ing everyone... oops.

PS: Apologies to those I TK'd. :) sorry.
          I was on the receiving end of that.....funny as hell!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
            My first moment with BF3 on a TG server will be me spawning into base...taking three steps..and getting backed over by a tank... They need to Beep when backing up.. :row__577:

Its going to be fun..
            Sorry man, i apologize.
            sigpic

Comment

HAHA, that was my moment you thief.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Here is something odd from last night . . .

Play back in 1080p for best viewing experience.
                sigpic

Comment

Great thread dawolf.
                  Overall, I could put down a couple pages of type here about all of the amazing moments so far in the retail release about BF3. Teaming up with old friends from communities and IHSs of past, running full speed ahead with other TG'ers and BF friends for the first time on the maps having absolutely no idea where we were headed, experiencieng all of the wonderful in-game effects like explosions and the supression system, but one thing stands out to me well above all the rest-

KnyghtMare and TG's Squad VOIP Plug-In

This is the epitome of a game-changer! Somehow DICE has either forgotten, or been unable to reproduce the random magic that happens with in-game squad VOIP and the new random friendships made therein. I had somewhat forgotten how good this was since experiencing it in the early days of BF2 and PoE2, and then seeking out communities such as this that promote it. I have again found it via the plug-in and TG. From randomly squading with dawolf, HatredGuy, and others yesterday and tearing it up on Bazaar and Seine Crossing, to jumping in a late-night squad with Zhohar and Skud and witnessing those two and others just completely control the battlefield.....the plug-in is just pure win.

Comment

In a tank at Checkpoint on Caspian Border, we're capping the flag. See a Flanker swooping real low, little slow, he's pushing the afterburners trying to build his airspeed up again. I just lead him a little and put a shell through the body right behind the cockpit.

Oh, a tank shell does not kill a fighter jet in one hit BTW, it disables it. So yeah.

Comment

Running as a squad leader for the first time on Noshahr Canals, my squad and I take a boat into Delta and climb the ladders out of the canal onto to dry land....right behind an enemy IFV and MBT. However, the two pieces of armor upon capturing Delta, proceed to rocket off down the road towards our lines without ever realizing a full squad of Marines was standing slack-jawed behind them. We took Delta back with no contact. :)

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Sometimes you move like a hero, sometimes like a goat.

Here is me being a goat . . .

sigpic

Comment

Late yesterday on Canals I was hanging out on the rooftop of a building. Then a jet under fire from the left lost control or something and slammed right onto the roof a bit in front of me. Huge explosion and I fell down as most of the roof collapsed. Then half a second later more of the roof came down and boom I got squished and received a suicide.
                          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I was just running into the cover of that same building. In the blink of an eye all cover was gone and Mantis was falling from the rooftop with much of the rooftop falling after him. XD

Also, that Badger guy kept shooting me in the back. He's the only one consistently making me wish I could have just one killcam.
                            But really I should probably stop running backwards. =P

Which reminds me - thanks to the whole EA "you don't get to have a lobby or play the game on your own for a moment" thing I just jumped right into the full on server, picked a squad, and spawned on the leader. Promptly shooting him in the back before proceeding to wildly discharge my weapon while spinning in circles.
                            Turns out the game just sets up default controls across ALL peripherals you've got plugged in. So that joystick shoved in the corner of my room with half its buttons depressed....yeah. =o

The best part of it all was that once I mercifully ran out of ammo, some friendly TGer happily chucked me a fresh pack. >.<
                            Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
                            [age-c1]
                            [eng][air]

Comment

Mantis jumped in a dumpster and tried to set up a radio beacon. I lit him up. Good times.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X