Improvements you would like to see implemented in BF3:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvements you would like to see implemented in BF3:

We have a solid base of a game in BF3 and frosting on top too boot. My list of improvements. Post your improvements or have solutions to problems.

1)Navigating the Command Rose is akward. The commands are too close together and it makes it difficult to select with even a mouse. Plus, it's not very clear what command your selecting. Can't remember what it was like in BC2 but it was perfect in BF2 and 2142. They need a larger text and have the commands placed in a more circular fashion with the words farther apart.

2)The voice volume for the commands on the Rose is too low. There is so much going on around it's difficult to pick it up. Do players around you or squad even hear it?

3)The text chat does not seem to catch my eye. Maybe it needs to be moved to the upper left part of the screen. I can't really put my finger on it. It just doesn't feel right. Is there a way to keep the chat open?

4)The map needs a makeover. http://i.imgur.com/LtY5H.jpg It needs to be moved to the upper right of the screen.

5)What server am I on? Doesn't seem to be a way to tell when your in game or even mark the server as a favorite. Plus there should be a way to have a banner with all your info listed. I found TG this way thru BF2, "Mature Gaming" was in the banner. Maybe that's in Battlelog and you can see what server you just last played?

6)Hitting Shift F1 gets you to your friends list but that is seperate from your Battlelog friends list. They need an overlay system like Steam where you Shift Tab and all your information is on one page.

7)VOIP. The dead horse. Get it working properly or if it's in the game I don't know how it's used.

8)Custom squads. Would like to name and make our own squads.

9)Maker placement as a squad leader - move here, defend here, attack here. There should be a visual marker and distance to the point as there are with the flags. The BF2/2142 marker system worked so well.

10)A ping counter on the teams scoreboard.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Improvements you would like to see implemented in BF3:

The things important to me:

More squads
    6 man squads
    Squad leader place movement marker
    Fix squad bugs (me and O'Neill both lead the same squad once, can't join some 3/4 squads, too many people joining squad)
    Commo-rose to ask for health, repairs and ammo
    Server stability
    The minimap needs a clearing out; I honestly find it hard to find my squad members on it because of all the med hubs, ammo packs and stuff that block my view
    Tanks need to kill a humvee or equivalent in a single hit
    More co-op missions. I can NOT stress enough how much I am NOT looking forward to grinding the same 6 missions over and over to unlock my G3.

Having said this, I think DICE have made a fantastic game. The devil is in the details and we're lacking in quite a few areas but the game overall is awesome.

Comment

Squad management/6 man squads is my biggest pet peeve so far. 64 player conquest is really handicapped with 4 man squads.

Reduce the HUD clutter. No need for an icon on the center of your screen when you're on flag radius. Chat box is too distracting.

Reduce the lag and rubberbanding.

Post-game chat would be nice.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Being able to set an attack order or defend order while in flag radius

Comment

stop making my attack chopper nose dive or go out of control when it takes 50 cal fire or AA rounds.....so I can maneuver and get out of those bad situations. Instead it nose dives or spins sideways like the rounds are pushing me through the air. I can deal with the uber noob controls they gave us for it.....just fix the bullet impact effect. Oh and let me be able to do barrel rolls again :D
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
            Squad management/6 man squads is my biggest pet peeve so far. 64 player conquest is really handicapped with 4 man squads.

Reduce the HUD clutter. No need for an icon on the center of your screen when you're on flag radius. Chat box is too distracting.

Reduce the lag and rubberbanding.

Post-game chat would be nice.
            All this. The 3d map is egregious. Giant skull and lighting bolts everywhere.

Comment

I've played a little bit on the PC, and more on the 360 truth be told. But what I've played these are my complaints:

-Cluttered minimap
              -4 man squads
              -VOIP sucks right now
              -Need to do SOMETHNG with the chat box that doesn't take up a whole chunk of the screen.

Comment

For me this is a must in BF games but oh well:
                -VOIP
                -6 man squads
                -being able to create a squad
                -being able to choose SL
                -being able to place markers
                -being able to lock and invite people into squads.

-some flags are right next to the enemy main. For example seine crossing.you can just camp enemies on multiple flags when they spawn.

-battlelog/origin: I dont want or need 3 seperate programs to play one game. I want to press that Oshorcut and play without origin and browser.

In my opinion they fudged up bad when it comes to squads, completely destroyed the system we all love from previous battlefield games. I understand they want to evolve and look towards the future but I dont understand why they took the most basic battlefield essence and broke it. It worked, was perfect, shouldve left it.

Comment

-Custom squads
                  -Squad functionality like bf2
                  -Tougher armor.
                  -Bigger maps/ less bottlenecks
                  -Limit spotting to the map only.
                  -Wish TG members would actually be in the right TS channels so I can actually "communicate" with them if I happen to be in the same squad.
                  -Up the damage slightly on most small arms.
                  -Battlelog fixed, if I'm forced to use this monstrosity it would be nice if more than half the "features" of it worked properly.
                  -ability to bind "deploy by-pod" to a separate key from the iron sights.
                  -better minimap/map
                  -change map balance/ticket bleed, seem like if one team gets more than 50 tickets ahead, its impossible for the other team to come back.

Comment

• Larger, customizable squads - encourage teamwork
                    • Increase small arms damage - Good positioning doesn't offer enough of an advantage. It sometimes takes upwards of 4-5 hits with a rifle to score a kill. Burst is mostly useless on rifles.
                    • VOIP - 'nuff said
                    • More large, open maps - Add gameplay variety. It seems like a large portion of the maps are urban combat.
                    • Minimap - Too much clutter, not enough useful information
                    • Better spawn location algorithms - I've spawned too many times right in path of a vehicle, or right in front of a squadmate who's firing his weapon. There's not much worse than spawning in front of an engineer firing his RPG.
                    • Too many tracer rounds - It seems like every round I fire from any weapon is a tracer and reveals my position to the enemy.
                    • More distinct team uniforms - More of a pet peeve. As I get older and my eyesight falters, I have a really difficult time identifying friend from foe.
                    • Commo rose - needs more functionality such as health/ammo rqsts, squad leader commands. Spotting also seems a bit clunky.
                    • Maneuvering while prone - turn rate is way too slow
                    Last edited by tau_neutrino; 10-27-2011, 03:04 AM.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
                      While you are prone you have a small angle you can move in rapidly. After you reach the edge of the angle your soldiers body shifts and you have to physically move and thus you get slowed down for a few seconds.

Comment

Agree with most except the "Burst fire on rifles being useless" How long of a distance are you aiming at your target? Rifles like M416, etc? Because I get kills just fine over long distances. If you mean rifles like snipers they are already powerful enough.

Tougher armor for what? All around or certain vehicles? Tanks are just fine. Takes 3 tank shots from the sides or behind to take out. Front I think is four. I have not tested it. I think they last well. Almost too well in some cases where there are not enough engineers.

-They need to up the damage on the Stationary Anti-Tank. Those things such. Big time.
                        -They need to make an ejection seat for the air vehicles as last unlock. Far to many times I see pilots bail their planes/choppers on the first sign of trouble. What a waste and you will never learn how to survive in the air. This also helps the attacking piliot actually score some points to rank up.

-BIGGEST CHANGE- More tickets need to be added to conquest 64 player. It is too low that matches end quickly. DICE did not adjust for the change in player count from 32p to 64p. This is probably a server setting but the default should be set higher. No exceptions.

Comment

Larger squads and also more squad groups just in case someone figures out how to run a 128 player server!
                          Larger saps, we don't need huge maps like in PR but just more room to maneuver and flank. Also the flags should be spread out a bit more.
                          This goes along with larger maps, but for urban maps we need to be able to traverse through buildings. We would have a lot more room to maneuver and it be a great showcase for destruction.
                          Commo rose, add options to request health and ammo. Also perhaps place a little cross or ammo symbol over a person when they request for it.
                          Squad leaders should be able to place markers on the map like in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
                            • Larger, customizable squads - encourage teamwork
                            • Increase small arms damage - Good positioning doesn't offer enough of an advantage. It sometimes takes upwards of 4-5 hits with a rifle to score a kill. Burst is mostly useless on rifles.
                            • VOIP - 'nuff said
                            • More large, open maps - Add gameplay variety. It seems like a large portion of the maps are urban combat.
                            • Minimap - Too much clutter, not enough useful information
                            • Better spawn location algorithms - I've spawned too many times right in path of a vehicle, or right in front of a squadmate who's firing his weapon. There's not much worse than spawning in front of an engineer firing his RPG.
                            • Too many tracer rounds - It seems like every round I fire from any weapon is a tracer and reveals my position to the enemy.
                            • More distinct team uniforms - More of a pet peeve. As I get older and my eyesight falters, I have a really difficult time identifying friend from foe.
                            • Commo rose - needs more functionality such as health/ammo rqsts, squad leader commands. Spotting also seems a bit clunky.
                            Had to laugh at your "as I get older...." comment. Get used to it now kiddo....
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

- VOIP functionality and custom squads.

As others had mentioned, this is the largest problem in my eyes. The heart of the multiplayer experience is broken.

- Redesign the map.

We can all agree this generation of the minimap is by far the worst and hardest to decipher.

Those are the 2 biggies for me. If they fix/add VOIP, the game will play sooo much differently. Right now, there is almost no squad or team cohesion - even on the TG servers. If I wanted to run around and have a fragfest, I'd play CoD. Also, I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually like Battlelog. Sure, it has its issues, but in the long run, I think this is the way to go.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X