Petition to remove Conquest Metro from the rotation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to remove Conquest Metro from the rotation

Conquest Metro is a meat-grinder. With 64 players it is non-sensical. It makes BF2142's Camp G look tame.

Shame on DICE for turning a decent Rush map into a terrible Conquest map just to make it look like there are more maps.

I think Conquest Metro needs to go from the rotation.
    Conquest Metro
    72.41%
    Camp Gibraltar
    27.59%

Re: Petition to remove Conquest Metro from the rotation

Seconded. It really is terrible on conquest, and I'm sure many people are sick of it on rush. As a side note Damavand Peak could also do with a looking at. From what I've played of it, there seems to be 4 lanes in the center with a circular area on either end. Go down a lane, get shot, repeat.

Comment

How to win Conquest Metro:

* Rush to B.
      * Camp B.
      * Camp it some more.
      * Don't even think about not camping B.

Whoever has the patience to camp B the most, wins!

Comment

Originally posted by tkarmadragon View Post
        How to win Conquest Metro:

* Rush to B.
        * Lose B because the other team gets there slightly ahead of you and your first few guys are cowards.
        * Everyone grabs M320s/rpgs.
        * Everyone else grabs supportkits.
        * win.

Whoever has the patience to camp B the most, wins!
        Corrected.

Comment

It seems to me, many of the maps were designed for 24-32 players (IE, designed with the console restrictions in mind) and thus are horrible with twice that number, for example, tehran highway conquest, bazaar conquest (although bazaar can be fun, too).

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Please let us not remove anything yet. Some people have no even got to play or play much. I would like to see us go a few weeks until we do anything like that. We are already gimped at having ONLY 9 maps!
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

If you have not played the map yet, please trust those of us who have. It will only take you one game to want the map removed.

I find myself leaving the server when conquest Metro rolls around. Obviously a Rush map with no thought given to how it would play in Conquest. Maybe it would be bearable on a 32 player server, but it is no fun with 64.

Edit: And I liked Camp G!

Comment

Both Metro and Samarvand definitely have issues and should probably go. But let's see what happens when more folks have unlocked smoke, more folks are in TS squad comms, etc. It's only day 2 so it's hard for me to get behind yanking stuff from the rotation just yet but I'm with you guys in spirit. (I also liked Camp G BTW)

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                  Please let us not remove anything yet. Some people have no even got to play or play much. I would like to see us go a few weeks until we do anything like that. We are already gimped at having ONLY 9 maps!
                  I can see your point, but this map is absolutely horrible with 64 players all throwing nades at each other in 3 staircases. It really comes down to who has the most capable medics to revive everyone so that they can keep throwing nades, 302s and reloading RPGs. As mentioned above, it is a mad rush to B, and who ever can keep B wins.

It was mentioned that the team on the low end usually looses if they cant take B from the start, although yesterday we won twice from the bottom, and almost lost from the top one time as they pushed us back for a couple minutes.

This map is actually worse than the last Call of Duty Cul De Sac map, and I didnt think that it is possible to make a worse map than that.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Please refrain from starting "petitions". This is TG, not battlelog dross.
                    Just my 2 cents.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have found Op Metro to be horrible as a CQ map. I have been in 6 rounds of it now (never played it from RU side) and only once has the US taken B. I think the map would be playable if one side didn't have move up stairs to get to B. If you can't get a toehold and move men up, your screwed. There should have been at least 2 routes for flanking to both A and C.

Here's my idea on how to make it better visualize with me if you can:
                      -Combine Siene Crossing with Op Metro
                      -The US starts out on original spawn of Op Metro rush, RU starts at spawn of CQ Op Metro
                      -Keep the metro tunnels but overlay the Siene crossing above where the tunnels run
                      -This increases map size, gives multiple routes/levels to work, increases flag count
                      -Product = Epic battlefield map, worthy of the Battlefield name and 64 player CQ action!

Just my 2 cents.
                      sigpic

Comment

The admin team will be reviewing the ma list in the near future. In the mean time there is plenty of opportunity to get on and experience it if you have not had the chance yet.

Comment

Can DICE change the location of flags in maps? I don't know about game development at all, but how awesome would it be if we get weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly changes in M-coms and flag locations. We'd play for years.

Hell... you'd only need like 5 maps, and rotate the locations weekly.
                          You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I forsaw Metro be benefit conquest from the first area of Rush. Across the man made lake is entirely possible.

The issue is not with the maps. The issue is with DICE keeping the mindset of BC2 32 player limit.

For example look at the flag placements on the bigger maps. Such as Op. Firestorm. It is the biggest map as they claim for jets and choppers only. The flag points are near each other.

I have said before they were too close but after playing they are at an good distance for 32 players.

I would also like to add the amount of tickets on 64p servers are too low. Very low. Matches hardly last for anyone to have fun, fly, work as a squad to defend and capture points.

Matches I have played on 64p conquest are just games of Duck, Duck, Goose! The teams literally go in circles capping flags that having any form of Line of Defense or Offense.

One can say it could be due to coordination but I've seen it on TG servers.

And when I see the match finally shifting to the better it ends. Because 200 tickets is not enough. It really is not.

Comment

In 2142 we ran it at 45 players because most of the "fun " maps in the rotation really seemed crowded with 64 players. Lag was often cited as a secondary issue to the overcrowding one.

Think we should have a 45 person server running 64 player conquest?

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X