Using enemy vehicles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using enemy vehicles

Won't go into details about how astronomically screwed up that "feature" is, but is it something servers have an option to disable?

Re: Using enemy vehicles

You should go into details as that has been on on less heavily modded versions of BF here.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

what are we talking about? whats the issue?
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Blufor using opfor vehicles and vice versa. Can servers disable/enable that?

Comment

well if they bail out it's a legit take and use. If they take them from non cap, well that's not allowed in TG. I don't see what the problem is with using the other teams vehicle if they bail out of it early. That's the penalty for bailing out early.....your team looses that asset until it's destroyed.
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think (correct me if I'm wrong here), Gore's thought is that vehicles should be side-locked.

An enemy that bails on a vehicle would take the "keys" with him, so the other side can't use it....or hide the key under the wheel-well so his own team can still use it. ;)

Comment

Yeah that is what he is getting at.

The AAVP works that way. Of course it is also a permanent spawn point for the US as well. Kinda like that one thing in 2142.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I think it's legit, we always could take bailed out vehicles in Battlefield. I see it as if you bail out early, you and your team should be punished for it because the driver "didn't want to die".....go down with the ship and the issue is resolved IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                  I think (correct me if I'm wrong here), Gore's thought is that that vehicles should be side-locked.

An enemy that bails on a vehicle would take the "keys" with him, so the other side can't use it, or hide the key under the wheel-well so his own team can still use it. ;)
                  In a real world Combat Situation vehicle operators are forbidden from ever disembarking their vehicle. An abandoned vehicle is one that has malfunctioned with out any salvage or wrecker to pull it out. If the vehicle cannot be removed it is destroyed to prevent the enemy from acquiring it.

Leaving a vehicle behind is very much fair game for the enemy.

Back in the rear vehicles that are on standby are over-watched just like the majority of military gear. Majority of military diesel vehicles have no keys, sometimes a padlock is constructed on the door.

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Comment

One of the core tenants of an unmodded battlefield game is that leaving an undestroyed vehicle unattended is a great way to see what the inside of that vehicle's gun barrels looks like, similar to RU soldiers unlocking the Javelin launcher or the US guys using the SKS. It's diverse and fluid, and you can't just abandon something willy nilly or it's going to be used against you.

Comment

If a driver doesn't want to go down with the vehicle, can't they jump out when it gets to, say, 3% health? That would only leave a very short window for an enemy to repair it and jump in before it explodes.
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Well, if there's an enemy engineer "cutting" apart the vehicle with a torch, they instantly switch to repairing as soon as the vehicles unoccupied, and on small maps like Bazar, a well planned and coordinated assault can switch from attack to defense of a vehicle if they can get someone inside it.

On larger maps its not so much a problem, but for the littluns, you should go down with the ship, or the ship might run you down.

Comment

I dont see the issue with it, it's not like they can steal them from the spawn like in BF2

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Go down with the ship or make sure you have someone ready to destroy it when opfor thinks this is grand theft auto and hops in.

Sent from my Droid.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I say go down with it. Going until its banged up and then turning into a foot soldier is a waste of assets IMO. You wanted to drive it, do so until you can't.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X