Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiplayer Teamwork not essential for BF3!??!?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Teamwork not essential for BF3!??!?!?

http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/art...-multipla.html

This true? I haven't got any trigger time yet with this title, and still on the fence about even bothering with it. Things I've read on the forums so far are not encouraging. I commend TG for getting work arounds, but I'm wondering If I should be paying Dice $60 or $30 to Dice and $30 to Kyghtmare and TG!

P.S. Notice the date on the article?

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Re: Multiplayer Teamwork not essential for BF3!??!?!?

It's not essential if all you want to do is run around shooting stuff and getting ribbons and awards and new unlocks. Sadly, that's what 90% of the playerbase wants. Welcome to majority rules.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Lucky we will have an unranked server where the team focus will be TG teamwork not points! ;)

Comment

I recommend you get this game xp626
        at TG there is proper squadwork and talking
        BF3 is the jumbojet taking off, jump on now for the inaugural flight !

Comment

Originally posted by experiment626 View Post
          http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/art...-multipla.html

This true? I haven't got any trigger time yet with this title, and still on the fence about even bothering with it. Things I've read on the forums so far are not encouraging. I commend TG for getting work arounds, but I'm wondering If I should be paying Dice $60 or $30 to Dice and $30 to Kyghtmare and TG!

P.S. Notice the date on the article?
          Ex, Don't listen to the crap out there on the web. It is true that you don't need to work as a team, but as with most titles here if you play the TG way and as a team will do far and beyond better than a team that does not. Also, that article is from a console based website and the author seems to be taking a single quote from one of the devs and blowing it out of proportion. Doesn't help that the article is from half a year ago.

Seriously. Pick this game up. This is Battlefield, not Quake. A team that cooperates will beat a team that doesn't every time.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

As with any other game it's all relative. Team work is essential in BF3 if the opposing team is working as a team against you. The more coordinated you are the better chance you have of winning. I've already won and lost rounds because TG squads were on the map defending flags well, keeping bleed on the opposite team without getting flag greedy and keeping their team alive.

Comment

In six years of experiencing different titles here at TG I find BF3 to offer the best combination of teamwork potential, pace, and visual experience (of course).

The lack of squad management is worrisome, but blind faith has me thinking the DICE will not allow such a giant step backwards in game design to go uncorrected.

Thus far I have found the squadwork and tactical possibilities of BF3 to be top notch.
              sigpic

Comment

I think I am going to wait awhile before I play MP, maybe it will get better when MW3 comes out and all the trinket collectors move on to that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                  I think I am going to wait awhile before I play MP, maybe it will get better when MW3 comes out and all the trinket collectors move on to that.
                  How true... Right now though ...I feel like I am playing a Role Playing Game.. Killing the little RATS or whatever..the GRIND I guess they call it..just trying to level up. Just to get the MED Paddles...Geez..
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

When you have features that promote lone wolfing like health/armor regeneration combined with the removal of VOIP you foster an environment of less teamwork. I think this game should have been called "Battlefield: Army of One"
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Let others play the game the way they want... we need them not.

On our server we bring the teamwork.

This is TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                        When you have features that promote lone wolfing like health/armor regeneration combined with the removal of VOIP you foster an environment of less teamwork. I think this game should have been called "Battlefield: Army of One"
                        Yeah, the whole regening health thing sure makes med packs feel dumb. You're basically trying to help by handing out sponge-bob band-aids to a bunch of wolverine clones.
                        Thankfully, I did get to the paddles after only a half dozen games or so.
                        Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
                        [age-c1]
                        [eng][air]

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                          Perhaps.

But I have witnessed plenty of lonewolves (even wearing TG tags) across many TG environments, so I think it may have little to do with game dynamics.

A tank without Eng support in BF3 is short lived.

What relevance does VOIP have to the quality of squad play when the TG BF3 TS servers are full of players? It seems illogical to suggest that the lack of VOIP is currently responsible for lonewolfs when so many of us are in TS (indeed, at times, almost everyone is in TS).

I just spent the past three hours immersed in intense teamwork in BF3.

It seems to me these are matters of individual choices more than game dynamics. You can always choose to be more cohesive and more involved in teamwork, no matter what the environment.

Heck, I played in teams in Doom back in 1997.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                            Chief you'll have a place in my squad when you are ready. Come now though, not later. Things are just starting to gel and we are just on the tip of the iceberg. Last night I played for three hours with my MIP mates and we had a topnotch teamwork experience. We've got some workarounds for the squad management issue and it worked well last night.

I know how you feel though. After 4 years of ARMA it feels like I'm on fast forward at times playing this title. But as we are old and slow in the 1st we are well suited to defense and thus spend the majority of our time in game defending. It's very rewarding.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                              let others play the game the way they want... We need them not.

On our server we bring the teamwork.

This is tg.
                              truth
                              sigpic
                              |TG-1st|Grunt
                              ARMA Admin (retired)
                              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse