Teamspeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak

Is there a command or button I can push if I'm in TS and just want to hang out and chat with some friends that are in a squad and I'm not playing? Thanks.

Re: Teamspeak

Yes... If they are in a squad channel, and you are not in game, you can join that channel. Just use the default push to talk.
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

You can also set up whisper lists, under the options whisper tab, then selecting whisper lists you can set up a group by dragging people into it and assigning a hotkey.

Comment

Every time the script runs it keeps booting me from the squad channel and back up into the general channel.

Comment

oh, in that case I guess not. Even though you could set up a whisper to that channel, you would not hear what they are saying since you are not in that channel.
          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
          E Pluribus Unum
          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by Battledragun View Post
            Every time the script runs it keeps booting me from the squad channel and back up into the general channel.

That's setup that way, as far as I know. This keeps people from interrupting other players in a squad, that are playing the game. I think you'll need to use whisper lists, if you want to really want to chit-chat from buddies currently in game.

Comment

That kinda sucks...

Comment

TeamSync isn't a perfect solution, but it's the by far the best solution currently available.

This is by design. The priority is to have high-quality, in-game, intra-squad communications. It would be disruptive if friends of one of the squad members could pop in channel and interrupt at any point; so TeamSync-managed channels are restricted to squad-members only.

If you want to have a voice-channel with some select friends, a simple solution is to just setup a quick Battlelog-Party and use Battlelog VOIP.

Comment

I understand why it's being done, 32 players in a channel would get a bit confusing. With that being said, I will miss being able to hang out and chat with the entire team like we were doing in BC2. If people wanted they could join a squad channel on their own if they didn't like the chatter but I will certainly miss being able to chat with everyone on a more frequent basis. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Clearly chatting with all 32 players is not the way it should be, and if that was how it was in BC2 then I am kind of disappointed. I gave up on playing on the BC2 TG server for a number of reasons, one was the lack of TG teamwork that was found in other games here like 2142 and PR. BF3 will be encompassing the best of TG and I am surprised that a TG IHS member is expressing regret over his inability to spam useless chatter to 31 other people, interrupting comms and getting in the way of the game. Of course, we all like time chatting to our friends, but not to the detriment of the rest of the team. :)

As it is the tool is not perfect, but it is the best we got, and a work in progress. If you want to chew the fat with people, there are channels for that, just not one you can use in game. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                      Clearly chatting with all 32 players is not the way it should be, and if that was how it was in BC2 then I am kind of disappointed. I gave up on playing on the BC2 TG server for a number of reasons, one was the lack of TG teamwork that was found in other games here like 2142 and PR. BF3 will be encompassing the best of TG and I am surprised that a TG IHS member is expressing regret over his inability to spam useless chatter to 31 other people, interrupting comms and getting in the way of the game. Of course, we all like time chatting to our friends, but not to the detriment of the rest of the team. :)

As it is the tool is not perfect, but it is the best we got, and a work in progress. If you want to chew the fat with people, there are channels for that, just not one you can use in game. :)
                      I can't speak for Battle, but I'm assuming he's talking about when the server population drops down pretty low, 8 or so people (or less if we can change the minimal amount of players). There's been a couple of times that it's gotten low late at night and I've heard someone say they'd like for us all to be in one channel (as in both teams). It would still be their own choice.

Don't get me wrong, I like that no one can join and stay in my squad channels. But I think it's also not currently possible to go completely into a separate channel (out of the BF3 list) if you're currently in the game, because you'll be moved back into your squad channel, right? Either way, I think it's a really awesome tool that is already very well implemented.

I just think you're being harsh saying that he's upset that he, as an IHS member, nonetheless, can't spam his team. Those of us who did stick around to support BC2 on TG know that the TS system was far from perfect then, BUT that we also had some very enjoyable times with it. Now we have a great new game, and a great new tool for TeamSpeak that is awesome, and we'll continue figuring out how to best implement the new system as we go along. Ideas are ideas, some good, some bad, but ultimately it's about making this community and the new system the best it can be. :)

Edit: Oh, and thanks Whiskey for clearing up how and why the system is set up as it is. You rock.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                        If you want to have a voice-channel with some select friends, a simple solution is to just setup a quick Battlelog-Party and use Battlelog VOIP.
                        The irony in this statement. Using a program totally outside BF3 (TS) to do in squad communication and using the supposed in game VOIP to chat it up not for the game. So messed up.

Sent from HTC EVO via Tapatalk
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I understand why it's being done, 32 players in a channel would get a bit confusing. With that being said, I will miss being able to hang out and chat with the entire team like we were doing in BC2. If people wanted they could join a squad channel on their own if they didn't like the chatter but I will certainly miss being able to chat with everyone on a more frequent basis. Thanks for the responses.
                          BC2 only had 32 players on the server at any time, and 16 max per team on TS3. BF3 is double that.

It was already a bit chaotic, admittedly. Battlelog is a great solution for what you're entailing. You can set it's PTT button as a different one from your TS3. You can have two conversations going... LOL. Almost like Split Personality Disorder!
                          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post

Jeepo, while some chatter may not be game related, it does not mean it is "useless"

We're a community first.
                            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                              Jeepo, while some chatter may not be game related, it does not mean it is "useless"

We're a community first.
                              Well said. And I couldn't remember the full player count, but I thought that was the case.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X