This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Not Hardcore?

I'm I looking at it wrong, or is the TG server not a hardcore server?

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Re: TG Not Hardcore?

TG is running non-hardcore servers.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
      TG is running non-hardcore servers.
      Isnt that sort of against the norm for TG striving for realism and what not

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I think it has more to do with feeling the game out for a bit.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I respect the want to feel the game out about but its driving me away from playing because..well frankly non hardcore sucks. I could go on and on and on but you guys know how it was with BC2. Sooooo as soon as the TG servers are running hardcore, i will be eternally happy.
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I'm a bit partial to the hardcore action myself. At least in BC2 (when I played) all I played was hardcore.

Comment

I think hardcore is definitely a more fun and challenging experience. I would like to see at least 1 TG conquest server on hardcore in the future.

Comment

Perhaps when we have a conquest server program that's stable enough that it doesn't crash every 2-3 rounds we can switch to hardcore. As it is, getting through one round to the next can be a challenge.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Have a little patience my young padawan's. The servers are still in the experimentation stage, the game is less than a week old. Have faith....;)

Comment

Yes, please give us HC so we can all die in 1 hit to the Foot from the masses of people using sniper rifles like assault rifles because they are a 1 hit kill......just like bc2. Unless of course we can have a no sniper setting....then I actually would like HC.

:)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think our servers are already running most of the hardcore settings, minus the lowered health, minimap, and ammo/health meters. What parts of hardcore settings are you guys interested in?
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                        Perhaps when we have a conquest server program that's stable enough that it doesn't crash every 2-3 rounds we can switch to hardcore. As it is, getting through one round to the next can be a challenge.
                        What's this got to do with hardcore? Running them non-hardcore doesn't improve their stability, nor does it help in finding a way to make them more stable...
                        TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                          What's this got to do with hardcore? Running them non-hardcore doesn't improve their stability, nor does it help in finding a way to make them more stable...
                          We don't yet have complete control over the servers and their settings. They have not yet all been made available. Mantis and the admin team are working on addressing a number of issues and we have plans to make the settings on the servers unique, but PLEASE JUST BE PATIENT. On day 1 (actually, BEFORE the actual release) we had people complaining within the FIRST HOUR the server was online about admin presence, kicking troublemakers, and settings. This was BEFORE anyone was even legitimately supposed to even be PLAYING the game.

The game has been out for only a few days and we're all doing the best we can. We're not going to make a blanket change across all the servers until the effects on gameplay have been studied, and discussions have occurred about those settings. We're also trying to get reserved slots going and already the simple mention of stability.

From a game roll-out point of view, this is largely the process we take with most of our titles. Just relax and enjoy the game while we get our ducks in a row.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                            Isnt that sort of against the norm for TG striving for realism and what not
                            TG is about teamwork and mature attitudes more than realism, unless you happen to be playing one of the sim games. BF3 is not a sim. And less health and no ammo count is not realism.

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                            Availability to the majority is the main goal I would guess. As namebot pointed out, no one has cited a specific interests other than the hardcore label. I never understood how less information on screen and faster death improved game play other than rewarding sniping and spray and pray. I personally have a lot of fun the way it is. It's a nice contrast to ArmA and Red Orchestra, but I get not everyone plays those.
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

The problem I see with hardcore mode, is that its a "all or nothing" setting. Lowering player health, and removing the hard is not more "realistic" IMO. You would still have people using full auto fire, from across the map, and people taking a bullet in the foot and dying. I don't find that very fun. If they wanted to add a realism mode, they would need to account for ballistics, multiple hit-boxes, and some other factors. Then again, It's my opinion, but I like to keep my realism games separated from non-realism. Battlefield is a rock, paper, scissor balancing style of game and most realism games are not (and shouldn't be). This to me, is the reason, slapping some overlay over Battlefield and calling it hardcore, and saying its realistic couldn't be any further from the truth, again my opinion.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X