Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please support these petitions! EA/DICE is listening!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please support these petitions! EA/DICE is listening!

Please check out these petitions and please vote for them! EA/DICE is already listening to one of them, and possibly monitoring others. We need to continue showing our support for these issues, or else they will forget!

EDIT: Don't be alarmed by the sign-in screen when clicking on these links. This is the official feedback system for EA/DICE and you simply sign in using your existing EA/Origin/Battlelog account.

New in-game UI
    http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefie...new_in_game_ui

Addresses the following issues:
    - No squad VOIP
    - No SL issued orders
    - No Create/Lock/Kick/Rename squad commands
    - No numbered squad icons on the map
    - Many other missing features from the map
    - Poorly positioned chat box

6 man squads, Commanders, full detailed map view and squad orders!
    http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefie...d_squad_orders

- Squads only limited to 4 players.
    - Commander mode missing from the game.
    - Detailed maps missing from the game.
    - Squad orders missing from the game.

Commo rose, request ammo, health, bail out, and repair.
    http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefie...out_and_repair

- The current Commo Rose performs worse than in BF2.
    - Many commands are missing, including request ammo, health, bail out, and repair.
    - The communication and notification of commo-rose calls is poor and ineffective for most players on the team.

True Conquest!
    http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefie.../true_conquest

- Conquest maps are too small. They are chopped-up versions of Rush maps.
    - Lack of transport vehicles in game. What happened to all the throwaway buggies and trucks in BF2?
    - Conquest objectives (flags) are linear and too close together. They are not spread out enough for a true 64-player conquest experience.

EA/DICE is listening and they have already confirmed they are going to implement certain changes that have been posted on their ideas forum (http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/ideas/popular). We need to keep voting/commenting on these topics and make sure our voices are heard and that EA/DICE does not forget about these issues. Squeaky wheels always get the grease!

I also want to open a discussion on what topics should be supported by the TG community. If you have any suggestions on other ideas that need promotion, please let me know!
    Last edited by tkarmadragon; 10-31-2011, 10:04 AM.

Re: Please support these petitions! EA/DICE is listening!

I don't agree with all of the items here. This game is BATTLEFIELD 3. It is not BATTLEFIELD 2 with updated graphics.

Having said that, some of the issues are game breaking for me and I would support them... but the login wall on the site being used deters me (and probably others too).

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
      I don't agree with all of the items here. This game is BATTLEFIELD 3. It is not BATTLEFIELD 2 with updated graphics.

Having said that, some of the issues are game breaking for me and I would support them... but the login wall on the site being used deters me (and probably others too).
      You can choose to only vote and comment on the topics you support. Also, there shouldn't be any login wall. EA/DICE is officially using this site for feedback, and I think it's tied into your EA account(which you use for battlelog/origin).

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post

However, they were constantly harping that BC2 was "not a true sequel to BF2" and "wasn't representitive of BF3" after so much SHTF upon release. That was Zh1nt0 and several other people's favorite phrases, that BC2 wasn't BF3 and shouldn't be taken as how the series went, that it was a spinoff series.

And what do we get? the same squad management, the same squad infrastructure, the same context-sensitive communication tool (and only got a commo rose due to the massive backlash about not having one). The same built-for-24-to-32-player maps scrunched onto PC, only now they upped the player count to 64 on the same maps. The same inability to code a voip addition to the game like they did for their other game on the same engine, MOH.

So, what did they take from BF2 and improve upon, and what did they take from a made for console engine and port to PC (frostbite was originally designed from the ground-up as an engine for the 360).

While some of the things they'll probably agree to change (like the commo-rose features), I can't see them changing the maps for 64 players, reworking maps to make the bigger, pulling out and reworking the entire squad interface, etc.

Doing this would make the entire purpose of the multi-platform release being homogenous across builds pointless (it's easier to make everything closer to the console version, because it simplifies troubleshooting, balancing, etc and it cuts down on people complaining of favoritism.

This isn't like BF2 where they designed the thing for PC and then 6 months later modified an engine to behave like the PC version for the 360 and PS2 and released an entirely different game with different multiplayer modes and a single-player campaign.
        Last edited by Bisclaveret; 10-31-2011, 06:03 AM.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
        <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
        DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Don't forget PC team VoIP here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/batt...rving-pc-users

EDIT: I signed for this one and the UI changes. Thx for the heads up OP.
          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

I figured that, with all the complaining about lack of VOIP and squad management, the commo rose, map design, etc.. more people would want to voice their support for these topics. Are most people are okay with these issues and would rather it not be changed?

Comment

It's not that we're okay with these issues, it's that at this point in time what's done is done. Map design, the addition of VOIP to ingame code, etc, would take months to complete, and would fundamentally change the way the game is played, thus necessitating even longer time in testing before a release to the general public. I wouldn't expect to see any kind of improvements, if they started working on it TODAY RIGHT NOW, before 6-8 months.

These are issues that should have been brought up and addressed in-house at DICE, instead of post-release. It's nigh-impossible to change things now. Even during beta, we had a feature freeze, besides which, they wouldn't let us test the new features in the current build anyway.

Being vocal about it might shame the devs, and might spur some kind of change, but it won't radically change the game like redesigning all the maps would, for example. There's also the point on how they would reconcile radically changing the game for the PC version and leaving the console versions as-is.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                It's not that we're okay with these issues, it's that at this point in time what's done is done. Map design, the addition of VOIP to ingame code, etc, would take months to complete, and would fundamentally change the way the game is played, thus necessitating even longer time in testing before a release to the general public. I wouldn't expect to see any kind of improvements, if they started working on it TODAY RIGHT NOW, before 6-8 months.

These are issues that should have been brought up and addressed in-house at DICE, instead of post-release. It's nigh-impossible to change things now. Even during beta, we had a feature freeze, besides which, they wouldn't let us test the new features in the current build anyway.

Being vocal about it might shame the devs, and might spur some kind of change, but it won't radically change the game like redesigning all the maps would, for example. There's also the point on how they would reconcile radically changing the game for the PC version and leaving the console versions as-is.
                Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my original post, and for that I apologize. These petitions are not being done through some third party, these are being pushed through Ea's official feedback mechanism specifically for Battlefield 3 and the DICE development team. They literally read and respond to the issues that are posted here, can comment on these issues and even mark them as being in planning or in development. This is our 'batphone' to the developers, and I think we should be taking advantage of it.

They have already commented on some fan-made UI redesigns to implement squad management and other features, so I don't think people's voices are falling on deaf ears or ideas being cast into the trash bin.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X