Q-Spotting the flag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q-Spotting the flag

THis is just a friendly reminder for new folks to Q-spot the flag when attacking it for team bonus points. On two occasions yesterday I had to request the Q-spot from squad leaders who was just giving verbal commands. Verbal commands are great, but I need al the points I can get as my shooting skills are poorer than most! :(

Re: Q-Spotting the flag

Good point gunney. It's also nice that when I have q-spotted as an SL to see non TG players in my squad actually attacking or defending what I want! Bottom line...if you SL, q spot the objectives!
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I learned that yesterday form SL'ing :p But yeah, TEAM BONUS WOOT WOOT
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Besides giving a bonus, does Q-spotting the flag do anything so that the rest of the squad knows that it is the objective?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
          Besides giving a bonus, does Q-spotting the flag do anything so that the rest of the squad knows that it is the objective?
          Yes. The chosen flag appears on your display with some marks surrounding it, almost like a crosshair. Also your character shouts out to attack or defend the given objective.

I'm Really missing the ability to place squads on the battlefield in specific locations. i.e. "Fire team A start HERE and attack S. Fire Team B start here and attack E. etc...
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
            It outlines the flag icon with 4 little triangles, like in BC2. It's a nice little touch so you can tell immediately when looking in the direction of the flags which one your SL has marked as your objective.

EDIT: Grunt beat me to it. And yeah, I too wish we still had a way to set specific waypoints, but it's one of those things I can live without and make up for by communicating better than before.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

And am I right that you're not supposed to click in this game, but just hold Q? Whether spotting or whatever. I feel like an idiot because I've been clicking all this time, and usually end up shooting a round off.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                And am I right that you're not supposed to click in this game, but just hold Q? Whether spotting or whatever. I feel like an idiot because I've been clicking all this time, and usually end up shooting a round off.
                That explains were all the stray rounds are coming from!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                  look at icon and double tap Q....you should hear a voice order when you do it right and a different looking icon over the flag.
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                    look at icon and double tap Q....you should hear a voice order when you do it right and a different looking icon over the flag.
                    Ah, double tap? I think maybe holding it for 1 or 2 seconds also works. But I'm not positive. But the double tap is probably quicker.

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                    That explains were all the stray rounds are coming from!
                    Hah! Still haven't gotten a round in with you, Gunney! Add me on Battlelog if we haven't already!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/SuperDudeBT/

Edit: nevermind, I fouuuuund youuuu.

Comment

I always just hold and release Q to use it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yeah, there's nothing special about using Q at all. No need to hold it, no need to double-tap, just press Q while aiming at a thing and your soldier will yell something generally context-sensitive and appropriate.
                        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

oh so that's why spotting with q barely worked for me, and I couldn't figure out how to send orders

They've changed quite a few things that didn't need to be fixed, didn't they?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X