Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation Metro on Conquest servers needs to be removed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Metro on Conquest servers needs to be removed.

That map really doesn't belong on a TG server. Nothing about it is tactical.

/my .02

Re: Operation Metro on Conquest servers needs to be removed.

Quite to the contrary, between the right-hand hallway and the left-hand cubicles/offices on the 'B' point it is quite possible for that point to change hands multiple times. In my experience, tactics do make a huge difference and even in such a focused choke-point it's possible for a few people to have an enormous impact by pushing on one side using beacons to spawn closer.

Oh and it's great for XP too, seriously the fastest ranking map there is. I once got an enfilade on the entire RU team with an m249 in hardcore and racked up 14 kills before a grenade got me.

Comment

I'm with duster. The map is a great place to get Exp and that is about it.
      Sarcoma.

Comment

Yeah, its a bit mean. People will pull the Camp G from 2142 card, but remember that we had armor to work with there that really lended a helping hand.

Comment

Kind of reminds me of The Iron Gator, where you spawn is really key to pushing.

Comment

Was part of a 8 man team that broke through, got around and back capped to win.

It's doable.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I've been on a team that has won from both sides and didn't have B so yes it's quite doable if the team is up to it.

Sent from HTC EVO via Tapatalk
              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It has nothing to do with it being doable in my opinion. Its not fun. Winning or losing. It is just a straight up nade/RPG fest with zero tactics involved beyond pushing the other team off the point. Change of pace? Yes. Fun like I expect a Battlefield map to be? Hell no.

Comment

what he said ^
                  Metro is just no fun, and i won that round, still no fun. I mean sure, If you have full TG server, and even than its not fun XD
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

We do not have a common definition of fun.

Some claim that the map allows for tactics, and others dismiss this claim.

Personal tastes are too idiosyncratic to be the foundation for removing a map (and the Admin team has said it is way too early for calling for changes in the map rotation).

We have plenty of testimonials claiming that Operation Metro does indeed allow for tactical play.

Patience is in order before a judgment is rendered on this issue.
                    sigpic

Comment

I really don't see how any can honestly say OPMetro is in ANY way tactically enjoyable 32v32. I'm not saying it isn't a "fun" map, but it in no way fits the TG primer or image. I understand if the admins want to give time for things to sort out before messing with things, but this isn't something that is going to change.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.

Comment

Originally posted by Amplitudo View Post
                        It has nothing to do with it being doable in my opinion. Its not fun. Winning or losing. It is just a straight up nade/RPG fest with zero tactics involved beyond pushing the other team off the point. Change of pace? Yes. Fun like I expect a Battlefield map to be? Hell no.
                        You don't think it's fun. I do.

Comment

Forgive me if this is out of place but I don't buy the whole "it's to early argument." A couple days into release Tehran Highway was removed because a handful of people said it was laggy. Up to this point an astonishingly larger number of people have dislike and requested removal of OP Metro, but people say it is to early to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                            I really don't see how any can honestly say OPMetro is in ANY way tactically enjoyable 32v32. I'm not saying it isn't a "fun" map, but it in no way fits the TG primer or image. I understand if the admins want to give time for things to sort out before messing with things, but this isn't something that is going to change.
                            I've seen on multiple occasions that B can be taken over with tactics and coordinated attacks.

Comment

Ideally, there could be some back and forth, with whoever not currently owning the point being even the slightest bit intelligent and backing off, and letting the defenders of B overstretch themselves and be overrun. Realistically, it's a fight to see who can clog the enemy's gun barrels with miasma and body parts, with calls for "strategy" or "tactics" or "patience" ignored like so many shell casings, and I'm done pretending that anyone is capable of something different. There will always be exceptions, times when a team manages to miraculously push through, but I'm now just defending the rearward point. I'd rather go 0/0 than participate in this insanity.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X