X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we can't have anything nice

sigh....

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...d-development/
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

I would have thought that was plainly obvious due to the following.

Map size
    Controls
    Instability at high population
    No VoIP
    No squad management
    No map
    No comma rose

I could go on....but either way this is not new, he has been playing both sides so to speak in interviews for months. He claimed a while back during the alpha that the 360 was the lead platform and that PC was only told it was because they were so vocal.

Comment

Re: This is why we can't have anything nice

I am shocked, SHOCKED to hear that news.....

Not.

Of course, this explains why the game feels like a console port. It basically is. The only thing PC about it is the fact that you can use high graphics settings and play with 64 players (albeit on maps that are of a size appropriate to consoles).

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Even though I despise 2 faced speaking....I still like the game. I just feel a little dirtier when I get done playing :)
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I'm as shocked as Tempus.

Listen... ever since the debacle that was FFOW (multi-platform title) I have come to expect to get screwed on the PC version of any multi-platform title.

Comment

It's obvious, the game is made for 24 player rush. And why should they focus on us PC players? We make up 10% of the player base? They are a business and to get the most ROI they have to put their efforts on consoles.

They could at least not lie to us and allow for mods. Then some of us could at least fix this crap.
            Last edited by Greasy Mullet; 11-01-2011, 11:20 AM.
            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

You know, this whole console thing has gotten me to thinking about the future of PC gaming.. It's obvious we are getting no attention, and the future looks bleak, but one has to think of the vid card makers..

Without PC gaming pushing constant upgrade cycles, their future is also bleak.. At some point in time, one would think that they themselves should/will do something to breath life into PC gaming.. Either by actively developing games themselves, or sponsoring PC developers in some way. Hmmmm...

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Well, now that they've got the first couple weeks of console sales out of the way, they can switch back to focusing on PC! I foresee a huge BF3 PC MODE patch with VOIP and squad management and 5 free huge maps with crazy flag layouts. It will happen, believe!
                sigpic

Comment

I guess there's hope for the modding community will fill the holes left by the original developers?
                  |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

The ultimate irony being that console players preferred the play style of BC2 more than BF3.

Comment

We can only hope. I haven't played much yet, but when I have it's been fun. The new environment is cool, but is it really necessary? I'd so much rather focus on squad-based play, with fewer players, especially on the incredibly small maps we have. A few are decent sized, but a couple are just jokes.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Meh I don't think any one here is really angry about this, if they were we wouldn't have such a large amount of people here playing BF3. On the other hand you have a great title like RO2, that was designed from PC gaming period and probable has a 10% of the player-base that BF3 has here at TG. People spoke with there wallets and BF3 is a wopping success, so expect more console ports in the future!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                          Meh I don't think any one here is really angry about this, if they were we wouldn't have such a large amount of people here playing BF3. On the other hand you have a great title like RO2, that was designed from PC gaming period and probable has a 10% of the player-base that BF3 has here at TG. People spoke with there wallets and BF3 is a wopping success, so expect more console ports in the future!!!
                          Or those here were tired of WW2 shooters....or dislike milsims....theirs lots of variables. If a game is designed for PC but boring to me I'm not going to buy it. It's all a matter of taste.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

My point still remains ven, people spoke with there wallets. I don't think I've seen a bigger game here at TG than BF3 so obviously the console port thing isn't that big of a deal.
                            Last edited by johnflenaly; 11-01-2011, 01:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
                              My point still remains ven, people spoke with there wallets. I don't think I've seen a bigger game here at TG than BF3 so obviously the console port thing isn't that big of a deal.
                              It is a big game because of the expectations of what would follow battlefield 2. I bought it because I loved BF2 and not because of the actual game as it is now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X