Proposing a change to BF3 TS setup +POLL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposing a change to BF3 TS setup +POLL

I think there needs to be some changes with how TS is set up for BF3. I am making this suggestions after too many hours of playing with TGers but getting no worthwhile communication. I have overheard many other TGers with the same frustrations.

I think this is a small programming change, but some checks by Knightmare would need to be done. I would like to thank Knyghtmare in advance for all the hardwork and troubleshooting he has put into Teamsync already.

From an earlier post by me here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1666934

Ground troops communicating with Air pilots/gunners is what makes them effective. Otherwise, the pilots are just running around shooting whatever by themselves. It is less effective.

It's that chopper or jet pilot that can save your ass when that pilot gets a call out, for example, a tank at gas station on Caspian and that a squad is suppressed and needs help. Then that pilot can come in a make a difference at that pivotal moment; they can contribute to the team. They never get that call unless it is from one of the 3 other people in that squad.

This is where I am going to make the following suggestion for changes in TG Teamspeak:

Instead of making 8 squad channels per team to fit all the players, change it so that there are combined channels, 4 in total. The teamspeak channels would then look like this:

Battlefield 3
    -Lobby
    --Server 1
    ---Team 1
    ----Alpha/Bravo Squads
    -Joe Snuffy
    -Random Guy
    -Glycerin
    -SuperPilot
    -Leet Infantry Bro
    -SuperTG21
    -Trogdor53
    ----Charlie/Delta Squads
    ----Echo/Foxtrot Squads
    ----Golf/Hotel Squads
    ---Team 2
    ----Alpha/Bravo Squads
    -Pure_Ox_
    -EvilTodd
    -DocGuo
    -General_Alvin
    -Samirnewark
    -SeriousTurtle
    -Lien
    -Battledragun
    ----Charlie/Delta Squads
    ----Echo/Foxtrot Squads
    ----Golf/Hotel Squads

This will give you all the things you are asking for except the additional squad member spawn points. Benefits include:

-More communication because more information from a greater amount of people (but not too many)
    -More teamwork on actionable intelligence
    -other benefits (that you will post up)

There are downsides, I know, feel free to post your thoughts either way! It's just an idea.

Thx for reading, maybe it will create a better environment for those TGers out there.
    I think it's a good idea and we should try it.
    25.81%
    I don't think this is a good idea because...
    74.19%

The poll is expired.

-Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Re: Proposing a change to BF3 TS setup +POLL

No thanks. The last thing I need is 7 other people babbling in TS, 4 of whom aren't even in my squad. What is alpha/bravo go to different flags? Someone calls out "Contact to the north" and my squad all turn to look for it, and get killed on the south because the contact called was on the other side of the map from another squad on another flag? Frankly this would make a hot mess. Give the current setup a chance, give education and maturity and development a chance. Growth takes time. Not 1 week.
    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

At the moment there is little, or close to zero, inter-squad communication. There is a degree of instinctive cooperation, but that can only go so far.As I see it, 8 people in a TS channel is still manageable and won't have as much clutter as a full team channel would. The key to this would be having the two squads that are paired up operate as a cohesive unit and not off on separate corners of the map. If the two squads that are paired in TS both go off and do their own thing, then there's absolutely no point. This has some huge potential and I think that this is worth a shot.

Originally posted by Crux View Post
      Give the current setup a chance, give education and maturity and development a chance. Growth takes time. Not 1 week.
      I see your point there, but isn't now, before we settle into a routine, the better time to run little experiments like this?

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

But what if two squads doing the same thing isn't the best thing for the team?

Comment

make your callouts more specific. "contact north side of A" would be almost as short and provide much more information.

This is specific instance of some of the useless information that I am talking about. How does "contact north" help anyone besides those in your squad?

WE NEED TEAMWORK; 'squadwork' will fall in line after that.
          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Even if two squads working together is the answer, why is it assumed that alpha and bravo will work together? what if I am in alpha, some random people are in bravo, and another TG squad is in charlie who I want to work with?

Last time I heard the SL-SL comms are still in development, maybe we should give knygthmare more than a week to work on it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Crux on this one. Its pretty early on, everyone's still learning what does what and where to go. Plus we have the SL-SL comms coming down the pipeline, that's gonna help things immensely.

Plus, with the Alt-tabbing being some simple in this game, maybe we should make use of battlelog in the meantime? Parties are pretty easy to setup, it'd be a quick fix to get intersquad comms working.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                Even if two squads working together is the answer, why is it assumed that alpha and bravo will work together? what if I am in alpha, some random people are in bravo, and another TG squad is in charlie who I want to work with?
                It's not, if you don't want to do what alpha and/or bravo are doing, move to another squad.

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
                Last time I heard the SL-SL comms are still in development, maybe we should give knygthmare more than a week to work on it.
                I am not doubting SL-SL comms will help, but I don't think the communication will be as perfect as you guys think it will be.

Is there a way we could run this script on one of the TS server channels and not the other?

Comment

We need squad voip, not BC2 style team babble.

I have had fantastic squadplay experiences on TGs BF3 servers and it is thanks to the pluging providing squad comms. I wish I could say the same about BC2 where we had the whole team in the same channel.

Comment

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
                    Battlefield 3
                    -Lobby
                    --Server 1
                    ---Team 1
                    ----Alpha/Bravo Squads
                    -Joe Snuffy
                    -Random Guy
                    -Glycerin
                    -SuperPilot***
                    -Leet Infantry Bro
                    -SuperTG21***
                    -Trogdor53
                    ----Charlie/Delta Squads
                    ----Echo/Foxtrot Squads
                    ----Golf/Hotel Squads
                    ---Team 2
                    ----Alpha/Bravo Squads
                    -Pure_Ox_
                    -EvilTodd
                    -DocGuo
                    -General_Alvin
                    -Samirnewark
                    -SeriousTurtle
                    -Lien
                    -Battledragun
                    ----Charlie/Delta Squads
                    ----Echo/Foxtrot Squads
                    ----Golf/Hotel Squads
                    TWO Supers, eh? I think someone is trying to earn brownie points! lol.

I honestly can't decide if I'd love or hate this. I'd be up for trying it, though, because I won't be able to decide otherwise. I think it would also help if we started using teamchat more often. I, personally, know I need to. I had it enabled, and then completely removed it because I thought it was giving me a mic issue. It turned out to be my bluetooth adapter, so it wasn't the plugin. I'll be sure to enable it next time I play.

Thanks for the idea, Glycerin. I've said this before, and I want to repeat it. Whether or not you think something is a good idea or a terrible idea, the important thing is that the member of our community wants to make it a better place. So whether you agree or not, speak your mind, but just remember that even if it's a bad idea (in your opinion), any idea is good for the community. Not that anyone here has acted otherwise, some just get passionate when it comes to the Teamspeak/ Teamsync stuff. :)

Comment

Right now the problem is, that even a ot of TG members dont use TS. countless times ive been on and no one or only 1 person in my squad in TS. major bummer.

Comment

The SL of Alpha wants to go attack B. The SL of Bravo wants to defend D. Who gets what they want?

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                          Right now the problem is, that even a ot of TG members dont use TS. countless times ive been on and no one or only 1 person in my squad in TS. major bummer.
                          Did you check if they were in an IHS channel? That happened to me last night. I used squad chat in game to ask why they weren't in, and they told me where to find them. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post
                            We need squad voip, not BC2 style team babble.

I have had fantastic squadplay experiences on TGs BF3 servers and it is thanks to the pluging providing squad comms. I wish I could say the same about BC2 where we had the whole team in the same channel.
                            I am not asking for a 16 player channel, just 8. It's a way to aggregate more player information. SL-SL coms will help this go even further, so that when one SL is down, team to player comms don't fail, like they have been.

This idea comes from US Army infantry squads how they are currently set up in the 82nd.

Platoon Sergeant(SFC) and/or Platoon Leader(1LT or 2LT)
                            -1st Squad Leader (SSG)
                            --Alpha Team Leader (SGT)
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member
                            --Bravo Team Leader (SGT)
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member
                            -2nd Squad Leader (SSG)
                            --Alpha Team Leader (SGT)
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member
                            --Bravo Team Leader (SGT)
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member
                            ---Team member........ ETC ETC, for 3rd squad and then weapons squad

How many of IHS members have left the server and went to the IHS TS channel? I see it all the time. I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
                              It's not, if you don't want to do what alpha and/or bravo are doing, move to another squad.

I am not doubting SL-SL comms will help, but I don't think the communication will be as perfect as you guys think it will be.

Is there a way we could run this script on one of the TS server channels and not the other?
                              In 2142, we mostly used TS for banter between rounds. If inter-squad coordination was going on, we'd typically move to IHS channels to coordinate things.

Moving to another squad doesn't work, I join the squad with the players I want to play with (friends or people that I can see are on TS and I can communicate with). Moving to another squad to avoid the excessive banter doesn't solve the issue, it creates a new one.

I think bringing this issue up is a great stepping board though; we'll hopefully come up with a way to give the team a more solid direction.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X