Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else interested in a west coast server with TeamSync?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else interested in a west coast server with TeamSync?

I'm new here, and have only today begun experiencing TeamSync and playing on Tactical Gamer servers. I think its fantastic! I have only recently discovered your community and love everything about it. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. My only complaint is that I live in Washington state, and my ping is over 100 to your servers. I also checked the other servers listed in the reddit thread that use TeamSync and none of them ping less then 80 for me.

I was wondering if TacticalGamer.com was considering or interested in offering a west coast server to their community. I'd be willing to help pitch in a generous portion of the costs to help get it going. I'd even give admin access to my own 64-slot server (hosted in Seattle), and let you use that, but I understand if you turn this offer down being as I am new here, and not yet a trusted member of your community. My server is currently acting as a 'home' for my 97 member platoon, but since reserved slots are currently not supported, its not used that much by our members. However, I bet a could get a lot of them interested in joining your community if there was a west coast server for them to play on.

Lastly, one more question. When reserved lists are supported. do you guys offer reserved slots on your servers in exchange for donations to help keep them running?

Let me know what you guys feel about this. For now, I'll probably continue to play on your servers often despite my ping. See you out there on the killing fields!

Re: Anyone else interested in a west coast server with TeamSync?

I'll just take the easy question:
    Yes games here generally offer reserved slots for supporting members. However, BF3 does not yet support this. (I believe admins will sometimes kick to free space if requested - Though I have yet to ask for this myself.)

A good place to start:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/faq.php
    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
    [age-c1]
    [eng][air]

Comment

I had already read the FAQ, it didn't say anything about reserved slots so thanks for the answer! As far as reserved slots not being supported yet in BF3, I'm well aware and as an admin of my own 64-slot server, and a leader of a large platoon, its quite frustrating! I know they do plan to implement it. I just hope its sooner rather than later...

Comment

I too am in Seattle...Alki Beach, West Seattle. What's the name of your server cheetum?

Comment

+1 Seattle based server!
          The lag doesnt get to me too much but when it does
          RAAAAAAAAGE

Comment

The best way to get your question answered directly by the admins is to post in the Contact An Admin forum.

Comment

It's cool, I was just trying to see if there was enough interest. Only a couple responses here, and not much more in my platoon either in terms of people who would bother to use teamspeak and play on my server. I've even noticed on the tacticalgamer servers, plenty of people who play that aren't in teamspeak. I seem to get stuck in those squads too often. It's a shame, because the game is 100x better when you can communicate with your squad and work together. I think a lot of people are missing out and don't even realize it. I'll keep trying to spread the word about tacticalgamer and teamsync, but for now I will probably only play on the servers once in a while, because of the high ping.

My server is West Coast Reddit. My EA ID is TongueFu. (some of you have probably seen me on the tactical gamer servers, maybe even been in my squad.)

Comment

cheetum, I'm based on the West Coast, and primarily play on the TG servers. I get consistent < 100 pings (according to the server browser). Even back in BC2, I averaged ~150 ms ping, and the lag wasn't close to noticeable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X