MAV awesomeness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAV awesomeness

Alright, so, a few hours ago I just had a fantastic round on Caspian with the MAV. Dingo ran the MAV while I hung around Hilltop with a 4x scoped KH2002. At one point, thanks to his constant callouts, I was 16 and 1, having routinely wiped several squads. Not only was he able to spot them on the map, he was giving audio callouts on the direction they were facing, heading, moving, spawning and, at several points, he called out which targets of mine had the highest priority. At one point, he even told me a target was reloading, so I was able to rush around the corner with a taclit pistol and finish off someone who, by rights, had me suppressed, pinned, and wounded. And! he managed to do all this while calling out incoming tanks, which flags were going down, and spotting targets for the other two people in the squad as well.

Ultimately, the flag only ended up going neutral (we never did lose it) after we were hit from all directions and they took out his MAV.

It ended up being as ridiculous as a UAV overhead and spotting and talking commander in 2142 against a disorganized team, except all the time and for the whole squad. One recon with a MAV basically made it so we held hilltop the entire round.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

So what counter is there to the MAV?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: MAV awesomeness

Bullets work great.

Comment

stinger

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
          stinger
          Stinger locks on to the mav?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

yea, i shot one down with a stinger the other day.

Comment

Or kill the MAV operator.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Laser Guided Missiles also do the trick, and as an added bonus, you don't have to get someone with a SOFLAM to lock them up first.

Edit: The cynic in me is a little surprised LGMs don't simply "disable" a MAV or TUGS
                Last edited by mat552; 11-06-2011, 11:28 PM.

Comment

They can be locked by anti-air missile on AA trucks

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                  So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Yeah pretty much any deployable recon object (t-ugs, beacon, mav, soflam) can be locked onto and destroyed with a stinger/igla or a javelin.

Comment

I blew up a TUG with my Jet air to ground missile today, locked on.

Comment

also an MAV - they have an emp burst for destroying all recon gadgets - it doesnt appear to get ammo boxes, mortars or med kits. When an MAV locates it willl give you a lock and you can shoot a little dart or designate for a satellite, whatever it is, a few seconds later the device will explode and net an extra 20 points. With the zoom on the MAV I am able to take it higher than regular infantry can see, or worth shooting at. I also think it was above helo flight window, they were regularly below.
                        When running with the MAV on HC or ours with no 3d spotting its still worth q spotting for the minimap highlighting and bonus points. I had got 1000 points from spots before the first MAV was stingered.

Comment

Originally posted by DingoDv View Post
                          also an MAV - they have an emp burst for destroying all recon gadgets - it doesnt appear to get ammo boxes, mortars or med kits. When an MAV locates it willl give you a lock and you can shoot a little dart or designate for a satellite, whatever it is, a few seconds later the device will explode and net an extra 20 points. With the zoom on the MAV I am able to take it higher than regular infantry can see, or worth shooting at. I also think it was above helo flight window, they were regularly below.
                          When running with the MAV on HC or ours with no 3d spotting its still worth q spotting for the minimap highlighting and bonus points. I had got 1000 points from spots before the first MAV was stingered.
                          Yup. And a good MAV operator can dodge stinger missiles too (multiple ones). You can even kill people with the MAV!

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                            You can even kill people with the MAV!
                            Technically, yes. On these servers, No.

It's not the intended use for a UAV, and using the MAV to ram people is analogous to rallying around the map in a jeep looking for road kills.

Comment

Originally posted by StaIwart View Post
                              Bullets work great.
                              On some maps. Caspian's flight ceiling is so high that I'd imagine trying to shoot one down would either take a very, very good shot or a lot of time, which obviously gives you away. Haven't tried, though. On smaller ones, it goes down to what seems like a shot or two.

If you don't have LGWs and you're on a map with a high ceiling, I'd say either grin and bear it, throw your own up, or fight like you know you've been spotted all the time. If you really have coordination, sending one person out to deliberately look clueless while a sniper and medic supporter (or medic sniper, with the way the G3 seems to work) try to draw out the defender.
                              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X