• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Karkand Q/A with Zh1nt0

http://battlefieldo.com/back-to-karkand-qa-with-zh1nt0/

Best part I like:

Maps with BF2 Flag Structure

The levels in Back to Karkand will bring back the traditional Conquest Assault Gameplay. What this means is one team will start off with most of the flags, and the other team will have to capture those. This is the traditional map format we saw in Battlefield 2.

Introducing Assignments

WIth Back to Karkand will come a new feature called “Assignments”. These will essentially be objective based tasks you can accept and will gain rewards from it. (Could this mean the original Commo Rose making a comeback?)

Re: Back to Karkand Q/A with Zh1nt0

I think assignments are more inline with the challenges in Cod:BlOps
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Do you think that the added destructibility will be ported over to vanilla BF3 in a patch?
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Won't this fully integrate with vanilla BF3? I thought I saw somewhere (from Z1nt0??) that you'll be able to run vanilla maps along with Karkand pack maps on the same server in all modes? I'll have to look for the quote, but I would think EA would be smart enough to do this and not divide their player base. Considering the console customer base that they have, they surely would have the expansion integrate directly with the base release of the product.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          Won't this fully integrate with vanilla BF3? I thought I saw somewhere (from Z1nt0??) that you'll be able to run vanilla maps along with Karkand pack maps on the same server in all modes? I'll have to look for the quote
          I remember seeing the part about being able to play all modes but I've yet to see anything about being able to mix them with vanilla. If you can find that quote that would be awesome news.

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          ...but I would think EA would be smart enough to do this and not divide their player base.
          Well...based off all previous paid for DLC maps I'd say the odds are pretty good they won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
            I remember seeing the part about being able to play all modes but I've yet to see anything about being able to mix them with vanilla. If you can find that quote that would be awesome news.
            Yes, according to zh1nt0 (Daniel Matros, Global Battlefield Community Manager at DICE) the map pack will be able to mix with vanilla maps "in the same rotation".

Time will tell...

:icon_frow
            |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
            sigpic

Comment

Awesomesauce

Comment

I am still going to call it Karkland.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
                  Do you think that the added destructibility will be ported over to vanilla BF3 in a patch?
                  Your responses aren't what he was talking about. The Karkand pack with have even more destructibility on the maps than the current BF3 maps. So, the question is will whatever this degree of more destructible environments make it to the main maps, too? I can't wait to see exactly how destructible they are.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                    Your responses aren't what he was talking about. The Karkand pack with have even more destructibility on the maps than the current BF3 maps. So, the question is will whatever this degree of more destructible environments make it to the main maps, too? I can't wait to see exactly how destructible they are.
                    Yeah that's what I was getting at. It would be great to destroy a whole building in a tank or a chopper so you can't get blindsided. I understand there are certain limitations on the frostbite engine and you can't mimic exactly real world physics but one can only dream.
                    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                    Former ARMA Admin
                    Former ARMA TGU instructor
                    Former TGU Headmaster
                    Current Noob
                    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Yeah that's what I was getting at. It would be great to destroy a whole building in a tank or a chopper so you can't get blindsided. I understand there are certain limitations on the frostbite engine and you can't mimic exactly real world physics but one can only dream.
                      Yeah, taking down a whole (large) building would be awwwesome. But I just can't see it happening. But I really don't know what to expect. All they've said is that it's quite a bit more destructible, and was made with that intention by the separate team that developed it. We'll know soon enough, though. First part of December, right?

Comment

The confusing part is that they stated during development that they tuned down the destruction from BC2 because they saw that it negatively impacted the game (lack of lasting cover). I don't think we'll see a huge jump up from stock BF3, but maybe partial destruction of larger buildings.

Comment

Have to agree here, being able to destroy too much of the hard cover would probably be very detrimental to gameplay for numerous reasons, all of them fairly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                            The confusing part is that they stated during development that they tuned down the destruction from BC2 because they saw that it negatively impacted the game (lack of lasting cover). I don't think we'll see a huge jump up from stock BF3, but maybe partial destruction of larger buildings.
                            Its nice that they learned from the massive deforestation campaigns in Port Valdez. Best asset to the defense was a Carl G lumberjack.
                            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X