Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] More than a firefight.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5/1/173514280/

First off, I wanna say that when playing on TG servers, there's a good portion of the time where 1 side is totally stomping the opposition through good use of tactics, support, and GREAT offense. This game however, was all about the Defense.

Now, this game started out just as most any other BF3 game starts. Rush for your close objectives, 1 squad or so will push past and try to cap an enemy objective. That's how it started anyways. After that, things got interesting. The map we were playing was a 4 flag version of Tehran Highway that had each team with a 'high' and 'low' set of flags.

My squad had 3 of us talking in teamspeak, and as the Squad Leader, I tried to coordinate by watching other squad movements and assist. A couple of times, we managed to cross over to the enemy's side of the map along with another squad. After taking the 'low' objective, we unfortunately were decimated by the well placed defenses and communication of the enemy. 2 whole squads, wiped off the map. While we were attacking, so was the enemy. They constantly attacked our A and B flags, and took them a couple of times. It was then that something clicked for me. We were behind in tickets and getting slaughtered while attacking. The enemy was also getting slaughtered while attacking. If I could keep my squad on hardcore defense of 1 objective, then we could stop herp-derping into suicide by enemy gunfire and possibly make them pay dearly for crossing the no-man's land hell that was the middle of the map.

So I did just that. I told and typed to my squad that we were gonna hold Bravo objective at all costs. And it was costly. But by having a well rounded squad of 1 medic, 2 engineers, and 1 support, we were able to annihilate the incoming enemy. Bravo flag is at one end of the overpass walkway through the center of the map. It has a large cap radius that extends to below the walkway all the way to the other side of the street and inside a couple of garages. We mainly kept cover right below the stairs, as this gave us the best view of enemies going across the middle towards our objective. Ammo was handed out like lethal skittles, and heals and revives were being consumed like a Vicodin addict pops pills.

It was a crazy round that ended up in a stalwart defense defeating an unrelenting attacker.

Here's the things that I KNOW that happened specifically that round:

-I know for a fact that my K/D would have been WAY upside down if we didn't have a great medic.

-I know that the vehicles on that map will destroy EVERYTHING if you don't have at least 2 (sometimes 3) engineers in your squad. We pushed back an APC and tank at the same time once, but it took a while till I switched over to engineer.

-We lost Bravo at least 3 times during our defense, and Alpha 4 times. For my squad, we always had 1 guy who remained alive. Usually the guy proning on the top of the footbridge.

-It was by FAR the best match I've played yet.

I blame all this awesomness on TG's setup of the #2 server. ALL of it lays DIRECTLY on TG and the TG COMMUNITY'S SHOULDERS. This match was much more than a firefight, it was an epic battle.

Re: More than a firefight.

Excellent write-up!

And more good news about server #2!

Hard core defense is da bomb.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
      Excellent write-up!

And more good news about server #2!

Hard core defense is da bomb.
      Totally agree here ^ defense is key. I looked at the report in battlelog and I was on your team I just realized :p but yes, I remember my squad (me, kegmo, cuddlychud, servo) were all in TS and we accomplished in attacking and capturing C and D in some occasions. It was great infiltration if you know a way around the back of the enemy :) multiple times we had to deal with tanks from their spawn and held them off very well. By the end of the round everyone was defending just for tickets and we tried holding d/c for ticket bleed and we finally won!
      Just a question but what has the closet tickets been so far? I've seen 3-1 by end of round in one game.
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I've ended up winning a 1-0 on the 360 so far.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X