Improve immersion in BF3 with TeamSpeak 3D sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve immersion in BF3 with TeamSpeak 3D sound

TeamSpeak 3 has an option to set the position in 3D space of people in your channel. So, for example, you might arrange to have the veterans in your squad sound like they are coming from in front of you while newer players' audio sounds like it comes from behind you. Or place your IHS members right next to you while others are a bit further away.

To set up 3D sound go to settings / playback and select "Always set 3D clients when available". Then right-click on any channel and choose "Setup 3D sound".

Not a perfect solution, but has some interesting possibilities.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Improve immersion in BF3 with TeamSpeak 3D sound

I've used this in Cod:blops and it is truly an option to play around with. For blops I did not like it but I will probably try it again for bf3. It would be soooo nice to have something along the lines of PR mumble, I would probably die. Have TS communicate with bf3 on locations of teammates than have TS's 3d sound adjust to that. Impossible but it would be amazing. (since I know nothing about programming all you programmers out there are probably laughing at me saying you have no idea what your talking about XD)
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

There's already a positional audio plugin available for Mumble

Comment

Hey, so does the positional audio thing work for BF3 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
          There's already a positional audio plugin available for Mumble
          I know, I meant if they could implement it into bf3 through Teamspeak 3d sound.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
            TeamSpeak 3 has an option to set the position in 3D space of people in your channel. So, for example, you might arrange to have the veterans in your squad sound like they are coming from in front of you while newer players' audio sounds like it comes from behind you. Or place your IHS members right next to you while others are a bit further away.

To set up 3D sound go to settings / playback and select "Always set 3D clients when available". Then right-click on any channel and choose "Setup 3D sound".

Not a perfect solution, but has some interesting possibilities.
            Cool. But would it work when your headset is only on one ear? I run with a bluetooth headset.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X