Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the forum, but not new to the BF franchise. Howdy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum, but not new to the BF franchise. Howdy!

Hi everyone,

I've been playing the BF series since 1942 and I'm LOVING BF3. Unfortunately since they started making more console ports, a lot of my friends who I used to play via PC have gone to Xbox or PS3. Why? Heck if I know. I can't use those controllers for squat. I need my keyboard and mouse.

Anyhoo, I'm very much a team player. In a game like this, you really need to have coordination and VOIP is a big part of that, but since many of my friends are on xbox now, I've literally only got one friend IRL that plays the game, but he can't get his computer working. So basically I'm lone wolfing it.

I'd like to be able to play with some more serious players where we can coordinate attacks and defense. You can check my stats to see that I'm a fairly decent player. I also do a lot of competition and team shooting in real life, so I'm familiar with squad tactics and commands.

Sooooo, I'd like to get some serious gaming going on. How do you guys coordinate matches? How do you ensure you're all assigned to the same squad? These are issues I've had with the game so far.

Whelp, that's pretty much it. My name is Mark, pleased to meetcha.

Re: New to the forum, but not new to the BF franchise. Howdy!

Hey Mark! Welcome! That's cool that you do team competition shooting in real life-- I can see where that would help you out in the game. I'm right there with you that I can't work a console controller at all. Gotta have my keyboard and mouse!

Stats are fun, but honestly, it's not an important factor here. We're just about teamwork. As far as coordinating matches, we only do big competition matches once in a blue moon. But there's smaller in house squads (IHS) that you might look into, some of which probably do some competition stuff. So, we've got the 3 servers set up, and most of us just try to find a squad to join that has others using voice comms over Teamspeak.

If you haven't already, read up on the thread here about Teamsync (it's a custom plugin for Teamspeak, made by a TG member). It automatically puts you in a channel with just your squad in Teamspeak. You don't have to do anything special for the main usage of it, but you do have to get your Teamspeak linked to your TG account. See here, if you haven't already:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/teamspeak.php

It can be a bit confusing, so ask for help if you need it.

Read up on our SOPs. I'm sure someone will put a link to them soon. ;) And once you understand and agree with them, feel free to wear the TG tags if you'd like. But it sounds like you'll fit in great here! See you in the game!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and the welcoming attitude! Just one question, I've posted a few posts here and there on the site, and some of them seem to require moderation, but others just go right up. Any idea why that is? I thought it may have been because I posted a Youtube video in a link, but an

Comment

Originally posted by Booshanky View Post
        Thanks for the kind words and the welcoming attitude! Just one question, I've posted a few posts here and there on the site, and some of them seem to require moderation, but others just go right up. Any idea why that is? I thought it may have been because I posted a Youtube video in a link, but an
        Yeah, once you have 15 posts, it will stop blocking you from posting links or embedding videos or whatever. But you won't be able to until then. Just the standard way of keeping spammers from spamming.

Comment

Gotcha, well I'll keep dropping a few things here and there till I get there. Thanks for the heads up.

-Mark

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X