This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to TG??!!

I played on the TG servers a ton when bf and bf2 came out. Great teams and comms.
    Now more often than not it's a ton of ppl not on comms and the games just plain suck.

I can't believe i paid for a year membership for this bs.

Re: What happened to TG??!!

its the team sync for team speak it completely ruined team coms. TBH i think we should have a team chan like in BC2

Comment

I am sorry you have had a bad experience but 99% of my experiences with TG including BF3 have been nothing but positive. What specifically have you had a problem with other than lack of people on comms as you mentioned? Were these people not on comms TG members? More detailed feedback and suggestions would be most welcome I am sure.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

It's just really hit and miss is all. you can be on a team that has one or 2 squads with good comms and the rest are either not on TS or just being mute.
        I'm just saying that since it's not required to be on TS then most people who join randomly wont. I would actually pay to have a server that's required.

There is just no comparison with playing on comms and not. None

Don't get me wrong, this is a great community....i'm not knocking that

Comment

Oh, and don't let my post count fool you. I've been on here as several diff logins for awhile but I've been away from gaming for about 2 years while overseas.
          Thanks and good night

Comment

Originally posted by stabmaster6 View Post
            I played on the TG servers a ton when bf and bf2 came out. Great teams and comms.
            Now more often than not it's a ton of ppl not on comms and the games just plain suck.

Yes, please be more specific about what isn't feeling right for you. I've had some very good teamwork on rounds with this game on TG. You are set up on Teamspeak, right? Because the game itself doesn't have in game VOIP.

And Tig, I have to respectfully disagree. I think there were too many voices in BC2 teamspeak and it would be even more of a cluster with as many players as we have in BF3. When you have a good group using voice, this setup is just amazing.

And stab, I have to say that I don't see how someone decides to get a supporting membership after just signing up, with one post. I know you said you played with us on prior games, but I guess you didn't have an account then? You know that the purpose of the SM is to support this community, and that you also sometimes get some benefits. There are currently no benefits associated with being a supporting member with BF3, because there's no kick script to let SM's join a full squad. So why did you even get a year's supporting membership?? I just don't understand, unless you just didn't understand what it meant.

I encourage you to take a little bit of time and try Tactical Gamer out and decide if this is really the right place for you. But calling this community bulls**t isn't going to get you far, and I honestly think it's probably not the place for you if you're going to say that.

Edit: I see your new posts since I've been writing this. Were you a supporting member ever before? Just curious. And wondering why you'd go through several accounts up until now.

All I'm saying is that the game has been out for like a month. It has its flaws, especially with comms, which a smart member from here was able to develop code to overcome it and make everything automated on Teamspeak. This was done by, what.. two week in?? We're still trying to figure out the best implementation of the system. And they have listened, and worked on it. And will continue. And we'll probably get in game VOIP at a certain point. But geez, people, it takes time with these sorts of games, especially ones that have their flaws from the start, to figure out how stuff works best and to get it right. What do you expect? Give it some time, geez.

(Tig, none of that is directed at you, I think your point is valid, even though I don't agree it would work well.)
            Last edited by SuperDudeBT; 11-10-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Check your PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stabmaster6 View Post

That is the difference between integrated comms and 3rd party comms, its never going to be as good, but its trying to make the best of a bad situation. That said most of my experience with comms has been fine, I do make it a point to find the squads that have the most TG players in it using comms though. I do see a lot of empty com channels when I look at the TS.

Originally posted by TlgKill View Post
                its the team sync for team speak it completely ruined team coms. TBH i think we should have a team chan like in BC2
                I think that's probably because teamsync wasn't designed for team comms, it was designed for squad comms. You are of course entitled to your own preference but you will never get good squad coordination if you have the share the the channel with 20+ other people. Besides, unless its changed without me knowing teamwide communication is still available even with the teamsync so you could do everything you could do in BC2 comms.

Comment

We have team-wide comms with the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                    but no one uses it

Comment

but no one uses it
                      Is that the comms fault?

I'd say nobody uses it because most people don't like teamwide comms.

Comment

ive only recently joined TG but last night was a graveyard. i was on around 8-30pm euro time and all 3 servers were empty. there was a few people hanging around the lobby but when i tried to say hello i got no response, do people normally sit on TS and say nothing?

a few people started to play around 9.30 but i was stuck in a team with 3 guys who werent even on TS. is there a way to choose was squad to join and also is there a way to stop TS movin me around?

Comment

Originally posted by cato View Post
                          ive only recently joined TG but last night was a graveyard. i was on around 8-30pm euro time and all 3 servers were empty. there was a few people hanging around the lobby but when i tried to say hello i got no response, do people normally sit on TS and say nothing?

a few people started to play around 9.30 but i was stuck in a team with 3 guys who werent even on TS. is there a way to choose was squad to join and also is there a way to stop TS movin me around?
                          8:00pm Euro time is 1:00am EST (which is the timezone the majority of TG plays in). Unfortunately you're not going to find our server populated during that time, especially during the week, try us on the weekends...you should have better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                            I didn't even know about this team wide omm

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Hi!

One of the "new blood" here. (No real BF past and first time in a TG server)
                              I would like to share a few thought.

Yesterday night (Eurozone for me) I've tried a few rounds on the rush server for the first time. Even though there were some difficulties, I had a good time. No matter if loosing or not.

Yes, there were problems. In the warmup rounds (knife-pistol) I wasn't able to communicate on TS, but a bit later I solved the problem. In our squad there was only two of us on TS. Since our other (constantly changing) squadmates didn't respond to written or spoken requests we were playing "Army of Two". Mostly by providing mortar or small arms fire support to the complete squads, occasionally playing ninja and crawling our way to the objective in attacker. We missed some directions, it would be nice to have a few orders or requests in teamchat at least. I shall note here, that there were numerous full, properly leaded squads there, so it wasn't that bad.

We had a hard time understand each other, since I'm a Hungarian with a horrible accent, and I've been just introduced to this "play with an international team, and effectively communicate" scenario. I have yet to learn things around here.
                              On the other hand, I really had a nice time, and enjoyed the rounds. There weren't that much lone wolves and rusher "Call of Battlefield" players. So thanks for the games everyone, I'll surely be there next time! :)

So thumbs up for this great community!

However, I don't really get it. Why can't all of the players try to join TS or at least stick with their squad?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X