No announcement yet.

Why Company Presidents shouldn't talk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Company Presidents shouldn't talk.

Electronic Arts executiveFrank Gibeau has confirmed that Battlefield 4 is in the works. Gibeau, the president of the EA Games label within EA, made the remarks while speaking at a college campus.
    http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/09/ea...-in-the-works/

Either he is unaware of how unfinished BF3 is (compared to what the community wanted out of it), or he's just money hungry, or he's responding to the fact that Activision plans to release another COD in 2012, but if this doesn't show why BigWigs need a PR person attached to their hip I don't know what does :-P

Re: Why Company Presidents shouldn't talk.

Is it really that surprising to see more battlefield on the release schedule for EA? I understand the attachment we as gamers can form for some of these titles but the business is bigger then it ever has been and bottom line is everything for a business.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I just think it's poor taste for him to mention anything about a new one when; BF3 is fairly butchered version of BF2, is still rather buggy, this is coming shortly after an Activision statement of 2012 COD and I still have a bad taste in my mouth about EA's childish "COD killer" adverts.

Comment

I can see your point, I've just been through so many iterations of these titles that this sort of stuff no longer bothers me. I like bf3 for what it is and bf2 it is not and the Annual COD is as predictable and the sun setting. I would love to see into the future at how many more releases COD can sustain before they stop selling, last years game was the high point on sales so I guess we are at the start of the declining curve on that. For all its flaws I feel battlefield will be around far longer than COD ever will.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I would be more surprised if it was NOT in the works. I suspect we will see a release every 2-3 years.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

you'll see another title within a year that is essentially a full-price expansion pack and/or mod.

battlefield: osama bin laden navy seal blackhawk down future china edition
            [TG]epheneh

Comment

The actual twitter post was:

“There is going to be a Battlefield 4.”

So the best selling game EA has every published will, at some unspecified point, have a sequel? This is an outrage.
              sigpic

Comment

...maybe they'll have the in-game voip kinks worked out by then...

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                  Or squads that work

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                    I wouldn't hold my breath. As long as VOIP is handled through Xbox live and the PS network there is little hope that companies will devise a system for just the PC version of a game.

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                    Or squads that work
                    What is wrong with the squad system? . . . beside the fact that there are not enough of them, and that they are 4 man fire teams and not squads. . . I hope you dont mean the people in them, DICE cant fix that. :D
                    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                    E Pluribus Unum
                    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Hopefully this wont be a cod thing with a new release of the same game every year. I wouldn't be surprised though, EA would do something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                        I wouldn't hold my breath. As long as VOIP is handled through Xbox live and the PS network there is little hope that companies will devise a system for just the PC version of a game.
                        EA already tweeted they are working on in-game VOIP for an upcoming patch.
                        Twisted Firestarter
                        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                          EA already tweeted they are working on in-game VOIP for an upcoming patch.
                          They told us they were working on voip in BC2 as well. When it comes to voip issues I believe zero of what EA or Dice says.
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                            They told us they were working on voip in BC2 as well. When it comes to voip issues I believe zero of what EA or Dice says.
                            +1

Even if they "fix" it, and VOIP works exactly as they designed... our idea of "functional VOIP" and EA's idea of the same could be miles apart.

Comment

Well we know for a fact that SONAR is developed by a 3rd party and not DICE. So whoever developed it I think will be the ones that have to figure out how to make it work with BF3 as far as in game VOIP. I already said as much in my campaign post about VOIP that I've been trying to keep going. DICE has to do only a couple of things on their end. Allow a way for SONAR to read the data of players on a server, allow a SONAR app to run on said gaming servers so all players connected can access it and then make sure that players are marked with something to show which squad they are in and who is the SL. Once all that is done then theoretically we should be able to have any channel was want. Squad Channel, Squad Leader Channel, Team Channel and Global Channel are all possible at that point.

The theory is rather basic but I suppose the code is the issue here. Getting DICE to put an ounce of effort in helping this along and then hoping whoever the 3rd party is that created SONAR has the talent to make it at least as good as TS3 is now which one would think could be done. Motivation is the lacking part here.
                              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X