X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch

Looks like MW3 isn't doing so hot on metacritic

Re: Ouch

Funny, I liked the single player, and of course it's linear, that's how stories are told. I just wish they would have added more of the flairs like doing Heli gunning or AC-130 gunning or sniping, the lack of that did suck some. As for the multiplayer I haven't tried it yet but a big shock I did see was I was limited to what games I could play in the matchmaking system by what level I was.

Comment

A friend bought this game and invited me over to play it for a bit. He is a big fan of the franchise and even he doesn't like it. He said it's like they just stopped even trying lol.

I admit I was kind of hoping it would be a really big success to maybe jolt Dice into some real innovation, or at least REALLY returning to it's roots ala BF2. I don't think they really have much to worry about though if MW3 represents the best they can do.

Comment

The majority of them seem to be trolling, rather than attempting to provide an objective review.

Comment

I didn't read the posts...I found the sheer volume of negative votes was interesting...almost 10:1

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
            I didn't read the posts...I found the sheer volume of negative votes was interesting...almost 10:1
            I bet it's mostly EA workers helping promote BF3. =P

Comment

Originally posted by War Beagle View Post
              I admit I was kind of hoping it would be a really big success to maybe jolt Dice into some real innovation, or at least REALLY returning to it's roots ala BF2.
              No no no. If MW3 was a huge success, Dice and EA would go even further away from BF2 in the direction of MW3. This is a good thing. Maybe now they'll realize catering to 15 year boys playing on consoles isn't a guarantee of success.
              TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                No no no. If MW3 was a huge success, Dice and EA would go even further away from BF2 in the direction of MW3. This is a good thing. Maybe now they'll realize catering to 15 year boys playing on consoles isn't a guarantee of success.
                Exactly.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I want to point out that all BF all the time is sometimes a bad thing, sometimes people just want to shoot stuff and not lose, and no matter how good you are in BF you can't carry a team if they all suck and that can turn players off, so it's good to have an outlet so you don't burn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelidus View Post
                    I want to point out that all BF all the time is sometimes a bad thing, sometimes people just want to shoot stuff and not lose, and no matter how good you are in BF you can't carry a team if they all suck and that can turn players off, so it's good to have an outlet so you don't burn out.
                    Well there's losing and there's losing. I mean, I'm no cringing hippie who thinks everyone should get a trophy, but if the squad I'm in manages to accomplish the objectives we set, I call it a gg. Like, if we decide to hold a particular flag, and we do that, even if all the other flags fall, I call it good. Sometimes all you can do is hold up your end, and accept that as a win of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                      Well there's losing and there's losing. I mean, I'm no cringing hippie who thinks everyone should get a trophy, but if the squad I'm in manages to accomplish the objectives we set, I call it a gg. Like, if we decide to hold a particular flag, and we do that, even if all the other flags fall, I call it good. Sometimes all you can do is hold up your end, and accept that as a win of sorts.
                      I'm with Britt on this one. My personal goal each game is to achieve ACE SQUAD RIBBON. Nothing compares to the feeling I get when I'm in a full squad with comms where everyone knows and executes their roles tactically and efficiently.
                      Best example I can remember (you may have part of this Britt): Conquest mode, Operation Metro.
                      Usually I don't look forward to this map (not a whole lot of tactics going on in this map), even with a good squad it's usually boring, but on this occasion our Recon Soldier managed to immediately sneak behind enemy lines undetected, allowing our squad to spawn on him and use guerrilla tactics all round. NOT ONCE, did our Recon squad member show himself to the enemy. He continually repositioned and remained hidden, forfeiting all kills, and kept us informed by relaying enemy positions as well as offering tactical advice. The rest of us in squad we're always sure to get the go-head from him before spawning so as to not risk giving away his position.
                      That recon soldier probably didn't get any ribbons other than "squad spawn", but in my book he gets MVP 1
                      I'll take great teamwork and squad communication over a high K/D ratio any day.

Comment

There is a place for both Call of Duty games aswell as Battlefield titles, I am just hoping that they stay different to each other.

I have not played MW3, I did see the quick look that Giantbomb.com put up and I was a bit surprised at how similar the games are in some respects. The same weapons, "you have been promoted" pop up among other things.
                        I know the games play differently though, but still.

Just like with MW2 I could see myself buying it for the spectacle which is like paying to see a transformers movie, you kind of know that it is going to be a pretty bad movie but it looks cool. You know what you are getting is what I am saying.

I got burned by MW2 with the NAT-strict problem so I have only managed to log 5 minutes of online play...
                        Not taking that chance again with MW3. With BF3 I can at least play for 30 minutes until it crashes :)
                        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Wow. I've always enjoyed the single player in MW. I know to expect 7 - 9 hours tops. Even 6 if you try. But 3 hours?? That's crazy.

Comment

This has nothing to do with BF3.

We have a MW3 forum. Go there to talk about MW3.
                            Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X