This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of MW?

wonder if this is legit?....or has fate finally caught up with them recycling games?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212113p1.html
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: The end of MW?

I sincerely doubt that a bad score from one reviewing site will break the game or drive away most players. My 2 cents.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Not sure why this is in the BF3 forums...

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
        Maybe the fact that its because its BF's main competitor and any success/failure from it will impact this game and probably any BF games to come?

Comment

Biased and EA workers don't count as valid reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelidus View Post
            Biased and EA workers don't count as valid reviews.
            Everybody is biased. Fact of life I'm afraid.

Comment

Everybody is biased. Fact of life I'm afraid.
              Yep, especially people who claim they are not biased. lol We all become biased based on our individual experiences, regardless of what we want to believe.

It is sad that a developer has to resort to begging for players to go give them a better metacritic score, especially when that developer has advertised how well their previous games have scored on that same website. Maybe its not a conspiracy against them, maybe their player base is tired of playing the same old game with a new price tag on it.

I dont think that it is some conspiracy that they are getting lots of zero scores, of course it may be a bunch of BF fans who are spamming the site, but I doubt it. My youngest brother is a console only player, one of those players who only plays with his small niche of around 8 real life friends who happen to get 2-4 players on at once... This is the type of player that buys a lot of games and only play them for a under 20 hours, then move on to another game. This is what DICE is targeting, not us hard-to-please PC gamers. Him and his friends where there for the midnight release of MW3, and are very disappointed with the game. As many of those posts say, it is just a rehash of the MW2, which was just trying to rehash the greatness that COD4(MW1) still is, but failed. They may have sold more, but that does not mean the game was better, or more innovative. My brother said that the BF3 SP was better, and he was disappointed with it as much as I was. He blew through the MW3 SP in just over 3 hours, and didnt see anything that would make him want to go back and play some of the missions again. He said that some missions were finished in less than 10 minutes. Yeouch.

As far as I am concerned, the whole MW concept was stolen from Desert Combat, who did the whole modern combat thing right the first time, and it was a free mod for BF1942. Too bad Trauma/ Kaos studios left DICE, then went to Manhattan and killed themselves with "D" rated games(Frontlines and Homefront). Before DC, it was always WWII shooters.. Yes there are a few modern warfare shooters that came out before, like Counter Strike, but CS was way too linear for the liking of DM and TDM players who liked DOOM and Quake style game modes. DC set the pace for BF2(as Trauma went to work for DICE), then the rash of other modern warfare style games since, as far as I am concerned, if DICE had rehashed DC everyone would have been happy. Best choppers ever put in a video game, hands down!!
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Regardless, this is an eyeopener for the dev team at Activison, and the ball is in their court if they want to act on it.

Have a stale, unadapted game will lower sales, and only time will tell by how much.
                |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
                Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
                We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
                And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
                He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Obviously those scores aren't completely accurate however when a large cross section speaks up even if it's on MetaCritic zeroing the game it means something is wrong. I don't base my game purchases off MetaCritic but I might think twice if I saw an out pouring like this. On top of this seeing dev's asking for help seems desperate. This is especially why I don't like that so many game publisher execs are relying on MetaCritic scores (not user scores). Developers shouldn't have to worry about these things and just develop the best game they can possible.

BF3 for me was a no brainier in my eyes and I had it pre-ordered as soon as it was available. Now with Call of Duty I admit I had fun playing Black Ops but in the back of my mind I knew it was just MW2. This has made me completely bias and on top of that I have never been impressed with Infinity Ward's latest creations and all of Treyarch's work thus I could never be trusted to review MW3 but I can definitely tell you it won't ever be in my collection.
                  sigpic

Comment

Did you miss all the marketing that put these 2 games head to head????
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

this whole drama is pathetic, goes a way to validating the immature stereotype of the 18 - 30 gamer.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Limenote View Post
                        this whole drama is pathetic, goes a way to validating the immature stereotype of the 10 - 14 gamer.
                        fixed. that's honestly where i'd put the average console CoD player at (or console anything player). i haven't played a single xbox live game where i can unmute the voice without hearing prepubescent children (stupid ones, at that) screaming at each other.

Comment

I'm just curious what some possible outcomes would be if this game flopped. Wonder if they would look at innovating instead of cut and pasting.

Comment

Originally posted by phuhkeneh View Post
                            fixed. that's honestly where i'd put the average console CoD player at (or console anything player). i haven't played a single xbox live game where i can unmute the voice without hearing prepubescent children (stupid ones, at that) screaming at each other.

phuhkeneh

I hate to ask but how do you pronounce your name? I hope I'm reading it wrong because what I get isn't very becoming of someone wearing TG tags

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                              I'm just curious what some possible outcomes would be if this game flopped. Wonder if they would look at innovating instead of cut and pasting.
                              This didn't flop though. Didn't they already outsell all the previous titles? They made their money back on this one, but the next CoD will be the one that has the potential to break up the cycle.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X