Teamspeak view is unreliable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teamspeak view is unreliable

I've seen a few comments about no-one using teamspeak, but this is not always the case. There are times when the view does not correctly display the correct amount of users in each of the channels. I've joined TS and seen empty squad channels, but after I've joined the game and been moved to a squad, there are people in them! Similarly I was in a squad with someone and on TS, then someone joined our squad and asked if anyone was in channel because he had a look on TS and couldn't see anyone, so was surprised he got a response.

So, don't base what squad your going to join by what you see in the Teamspeak view. Just join the server, get in a squad and introduce yourself. Then if you get no comms, try another squad.

Test it, but those Teamsync channels for some reason don't seem to display all users to everyone. I've had this on TG TS and S7 TS, both running Teamsync.

If you've experienced this, please comment and help us understand this, or if you have no issues maybe there are a few of us doing somehting wrong..
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Re: Teamspeak view is unreliable

Basically, we have too many TS3 channels for each person to subscribe to. Dunno a good work around yet.

You can right click and unsubscribe from other channels... I unsub from all non-bf3 and IHS channels when this is an issue (when I'm looking for a player etc).

After unsubscribing to a number of channels you can right click on the BF3 parent channel and "Subscribe to channel family" or something similar.

After doing this you can see in all BF3 channels with no problem.

Now is also a good time to remind IHS not to make 13 thousand subchannels. If you guys want/need extra channels, you can create temporary ones. We don't need every IHS to have Eleventy hundred channels. Even after the admins purged a lot of unnecessary channels on TS3 (well over 25), we still have a subscription issue with the amount of TS3 channels we have for teamsync.

As players, it's not too bad, but can be irritating. As an admin it drives me up the wall daily :p
    Skud

Comment

I have also seen cases where a squad channel looks empty, but once I'm placed into it, it suddenly has people. Of course, it's possible this is due to everyone being moved into the squad at the same time due to the TeamSync script.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

That's interesting, I hadn't expected there to be a sub limit in TS3. I'll look into our channel numbers at S7, but we don't really have very many.

Thanks, Skud.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Settings -> Options -> Application

In Subscribe section change to "Subscribe to current and previously subscribed channels". This will let you subscribe to what you want and solve the issue on the users end so you don't have to mess with subscriptions every time you login.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
            I have also seen cases where a squad channel looks empty, but once I'm placed into it, it suddenly has people. Of course, it's possible this is due to everyone being moved into the squad at the same time due to the TeamSync script.
            Thats probably due to teamsync.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X