Flying snipers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying snipers

I just came across this video at overclock.net. What is your take on it? Legit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ipsuvOmeI

http://www.overclock.net/t/851366/of...n-thread/28870
    "veritas vos liberabit"

Re: Flying snipers

Looks to be legit. Would love if they patched it so that wouldn't be possible anymore. I feel it breaks gameplay.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm sure it's possible.

Not sure anyone's stay on the server would be very long if we caught them doing this, though.
      Skud

Comment

Definitely leveraging an exploit in the engine/code, as none of those areas I saw are intended to be reachable by the player.

Cool video, always fun to see the adventurous spirit at work, but definitely not acceptable on TG servers (in my opinion).

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

On certain maps that allow for parachute dropping, like kharg and firestorm, you can place a beacon and upon death/respawn paradrop and guide yourself onto these spots. I don't count that as an exploit. However on maps that don't allow paradropping then yes I'd say no go.

Comment

lol, anyone remember the otus ride you could do in 2142? I do see the parachute being able to get people in some hard to reach rooftops.

Rooftop campers dont cap flags... just sayin.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
              lol, anyone remember the otus ride you could do in 2142? I do see the parachute being able to get people in some hard to reach rooftops.

Rooftop campers dont cap flags... just sayin.
              Ahhh, the days of pod spinning on berlin. Now those were the days!

Comment

this would be less of a problem if there were any real sniper perches in the game.

personally, i hate snipers, but that's only because they're all around me. if they at the top of towers and cranes like was typical in BF2, instead of in every dark window, i'd honestly be less annoyed.
                [TG]epheneh

Comment

"This is why I love Battlefield3" Talk about different approaches to what makes a game good :)
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X