Sound Options - Demo video of option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Options - Demo video of option

If your like me, you might have been wondering which option I should be running for sound. I have headphones, but with multiple speakers in each cup.
    Then I saw this on Reddit this morning, the video was just posted. You should click through and hit the button to show more info. Then you can quickly click back and forth between options to hear different options.................

I have to say, the sound so far to me is great in a hollywood kind of way, but as far as realistic, there are some cons.
    I really miss the sounds in BF2 even. They weren't all awesome and "war tapes" like, but I could hear things. I could stop and listen and know when and where people were running around me on foot. I could stop and listen on a desert map and know somewhere off in the distance to my 1o'clock was a tank moving my direction.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Sound Options - Demo video of option

yeah, my audible cues from BF2 are pretty much gone in this game. i remember hearing grass and footsteps and other things that alerted me to an enemy's presence.

that said, there are a few things in this game that are definitely better. bullet sounds would be number one- they seem to have captured the 'crack' of a bullet passing nearby very well, letting you know when you're just hearing gunfire and when someone's actively trying to kill you.
    [TG]epheneh

Comment

I hear dead people.

They don't know that they are about to die.
      sigpic

Comment

I prefer the BF2 sounds because of those reasons. I could actually listen in on my surroundings. Now, eventhough the sound is amazing it just dsnt feel real or anything close to being realistic. then again, this isnt a simulator.

Comment

Might have to try the Hi-Fi settings next time I play. I am running into a surround sound system via digital input and Sound Blaster uber gold l33t sound card (can't remember the name but its the high end THX one)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

@ Dredge,
            if you have surround sound you want the home cinema option, since it is for 5.1 setups

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X